Just the beginning of a planted tank! Why do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
All in the tiltle. What do you think? It's just the beginning.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896020.573268.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896054.691288.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896097.262677.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896161.897768.jpg
Edit* give me the truth I want to improve my tank in any way possible.

I don't really like blue backgrounds, I think the substrate is too busy looking, you obviously need more plants, and I would off center the drift wood to one side.

Okay thanks. What do you mean by busy looking. These are the first plants I've put in the tank. I just put them in today so I'm going to get a lot more. I already have some ordered. I'm not to fond of the blue background either but the tank was already painted and came with the gravel when I bought the tank. What color background do you like?

I use no background for my tank but black backgrounds are great for planted tanks.

By busy I mean there is a lot of color there, a single color like all black or whatever substrate would make it look better. But if your planning to fill it up I am sure you won't notice it in the end.

Yeah that's my plan. I'm going to be moving in two moths so I'm not in too great of a rush to plant this tank entirely because I might mess everything up when I'm moving.

Get use to the idea of rescaping pretty often, if you anything like a lot of us here :)

Its not a bad thing and if done right the plants and fish will be fine through it all.

I've seen all kinds of tanks done great with blue backgrounds, symmetrical decor, and natural colored gravel. It's really up to you on how far you want to go... (Low tech, hi tech) First off I would come up with a plan of how you want your tank to look like. Get some ideas from pics on the internet or here. Once you see something you like...plants, scape..etc. Start doing research on what you like and make sure you can creat it or sustain it....lights, co2, ferts.

Don't worry I though, in no time you will figure what works for you... That's the beauty of aquascaping. I started with a single amazon sword from petsmart, multi colored gravel, and sponge bob decor. I still have my sword and lost a lot of other plants as well. Lol

Btw I like your tank, keep planting.

I've seen all kinds of tanks done great with blue backgrounds, symmetrical decor, and natural colored gravel. It's really up to you on how far you want to go... (Low tech, hi tech) First off I would come up with a plan of how you want your tank to look like. Get some ideas from pics on the internet or here. Once you see something you like...plants, scape..etc. Start doing research on what you like and make sure you can creat it or sustain it....lights, co2, ferts.

Don't worry I though, in no time you will figure what works for you... That's the beauty of aquascaping. I started with a single amazon sword from petsmart, multi colored gravel, and sponge bob decor. I still have my sword and lost a lot of other plants as well. Lol

Btw I like your tank, keep planting.

It's a working progress. I have low lights so plants are limited. I'm also only 15 so cash is limited as well. But I have plants on the way so I'll be aquascraping a lot.

I understand bout the cash part. Every thing I've done is either used or DIY. My 29 gal was from Craigslist. Came it stand, old light/hood, filter, heat, and scratches on the tank. Once I knew what I wanted to do with it. I started drawing my ideas down. It's been almost 2 years and two moves since it has been up. And now I'm happy where it at. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400907790.141981.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400907810.976962.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400907832.335119.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400907857.304371.jpg

Thanks neontetra, everything is just kinda thrown in there right now. When I get my other plants I ordered in the mail I'm going to organize everything a little better.

I'm going to put some java fern in the larger piece. The little one already has anubias

redecorated water is still a little cloudy from moving everything around. I also have plant matter floating around from that cabomba. (All of did was ad two plants but It took me like 3 hours.) worth it or time wasted? Having trouble uploading a pic. I'll upload it tomorrow I'm in school rn.

Back
Top Bottom