My first tank, 75 gallon planted community.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
THE FISH
- 25 Cardinal Tetras
- 8 Peppered Corydoras
- 4 Pearl Gouramis
- 1 Golden Ram
- 1 Bristle Nose Pleco

THE INVERTEBRATES
- Ramshorn Snails
- Malaysian Trumpet Snails
- Pond Snails
- Cherry Shrimp

THE PLANTS
- Anubius Barteri
- Anubius Petite
- Java Fern
- Lace Fern
- Java Moss
- Christmas Moss
- Flame Moss
- Cryptocoryne Parva
- Cryptocoryne Wendtti
- Najas Guadalupensis
- Hygroryza Aristata
- Cardimine Lyrata
- Asian Ambulia
- Dwarf Sagittaria
- Rotala Rotundifolia
- Rotala Macrandra Green
- Bacopa Caroliniana
- Micranthemum Umbrosum
- Pennywort
- Jungle Val
- Hygrophilia Sunset
- Hygrophilia Compacta

THE HARDWARE
- Eheim pro 3 2075
- Eheim Jager 300 watt heater
- 48" Finnex Planted Plus LED fixture
- Hydor nano 425 power head
- Safe-T-Sorb substrate

STILL IN PROGRESS...

I have added the rest of my stock which is now complete.

Full stock list is:
1 golden ram
1 BN pleco
1 blue gourami
4 pearl gourami
8 peppered corydoras
8 kuhli loaches
8 black skirt tetras
25 cardinal tetras
About 20 red cherry shrimp

Since adding the new stock the nitrates have leveled off. I also started feeding once a day as opposed to once every other day. I won't be dosing kno3 anymore unlessy nitrates start dropping below 10 again.

Been adding plants here and there too. Pics will come soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My favorite dither fish for sure.

pic as of today.

Still dialing in the lighting, ferts, and wc sched. I currently am doing 50% wc over a 3 day period to avoid a spike in ph. Light is set to a height of 21" above the substrate as opposed to the 17" it was before. Dosing 1/11 (don't ask...) kno3 and 1/16 of kh2po4 on mondays and 2 caps of flourish comp on the tuesday. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is wc days. Feeding has changed from daily to every other day.

I have been noticing in a few of the plants potassium deficiencies. Pinholes that start small and grow bigger with slight yellowing around the hole. Research says this is due to lack of potassium, which is why I am starting to dose kno3.

I have alot of plants that are not really visible in the pick which are smaller and is behind the driftwood. I am waiting for them to grow out and then I will continue to rescape.

Looking good! I like the layout, nice and open in the front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, I am continuing to add more and more mid ground plants on the front side of the driftwood to add more depth. Its slowly coming together. Being a low tech tank I expected this.

Very nice tank! Actually, what caught my eye was the "risers" for the Finnex legs. Can you describe the setup for this?
I have a Finnex FugeRay and was not really happy with the way the legs attached to the standard 20g long tank rim (did not have enough rim to grip). I ended up taking a few strips of 3/4"x2" PVC boards and ran them through a table saw to get some strips that matched the rim width. Painted them black and superglued to the tank rim. The fixture sits only 3/4" higher than the rim but the legs have plenty of surface area to attach to. Here is a pic of a few smaller sets I made for another AA user and a longer one I have on my 20g long:
C3aOG07.jpg
The length allows me to move the fixture closer to the front or back or add a second one. Sorry to hijack but I found the mod interesting.

My setup is nothing fancy at all. Just some 1/2inch MDF that's cut to size. Took a sander and made some nice beveled edges, then painted it mat black. Its not super stable as you can probably guess.

Very nice tank! Actually, what caught my eye was the "risers" for the Finnex legs. Can you describe the setup for this?
I have a Finnex FugeRay and was not really happy with the way the legs attached to the standard 20g long tank rim (did not have enough rim to grip). I ended up taking a few strips of 3/4"x2" PVC boards and ran them through a table saw to get some strips that matched the rim width. Painted them black and superglued to the tank rim. The fixture sits only 3/4" higher than the rim but the legs have plenty of surface area to attach to. Here is a pic of a few smaller sets I made for another AA user and a longer one I have on my 20g long:
C3aOG07.jpg
The length allows me to move the fixture closer to the front or back or add a second one. Sorry to hijack but I found the mod interesting.

I trimmed some of the plastic off the inside of the leg to get it to sit down a bit more so the screws would actually catch.. worked well..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks and yes it is :)

I added some more plants and been doing some changes. Once it grows a bit I will get new pics.

The black background I added made a big impact too.

Thanks and yes it is :)

I added some more plants and been doing some changes. Once it grows a bit I will get new pics.

The black background I added made a big impact too.

Some Threadfin Rainbowfish or Hatchetfish would look great in your tank. It would round out your stock well. They might make your tank even more impactful

Back
Top Bottom