Cichlids for community tank (225 Gallons)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love options but I also tend to go into analysis paralysis lol.
Truth. That's why I used to have 12 tanks running. You'll figure out what does it for you. Rainbows were very interesting, the morning colors and displays were something, far to active for my mellow taste though. The eba are little glass puppies, you'll get a kick out of them for sure. Colors are spectacular as well.

Yeah, I want bigger and bigger tanks. I need a bigger house. I should've been born rich. I went to a fish store Saturday and they have a 4,000g display tank. I could watch that all day. So many possibilities, haha!

Man a 4000 gallon tank I can only imagine, that could keep you busy tweaking it for a life time! The possibilities really are endless

Truth. That's why I used to have 12 tanks running. You'll figure out what does it for you. Rainbows were very interesting, the morning colors and displays were something, far to active for my mellow taste though. The eba are little glass puppies, you'll get a kick out of them for sure. Colors are spectacular as well.

I don’t think my wife is on board for me getting that many tanks yet, eventually I will have to make a fish room I guess lol. I am a sucker for schooling fish so the idea of having a little larger fish that schools is exciting to me for sure. I like the sexual dimorphism between the males and females as well, although that’s not exactly uncommon with fish.

Any recommendations by the way for lighting on a 6 foot tank? I’ll probably have it lightly planted with some Amazon swords and other easy to care for plants.

Edited for terrible spelling

I don't think any come in 6' . You could use 2 tho. I have a 6' Beamswork ea on my 125g that I love. But it's just, white, blue, or off. No timer or nuttin

I don't think any come in 6' . You could use 2 tho. I have a 6' Beamswork ea on my 125g that I love. But it's just, white, blue, or off. No timer or nuttin

Finnex is what I have on my current planted tank but it’s not nearly the same size.

I’m somewhat of a fluval fan though so I would be interested in trying them out.

Back
Top Bottom