My tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like this tank a lot good job! I just don't like the big digital thermometer or whatever it is right at front can't you hide it round the side somewhere???

Very nice tank!! Looks great love the choice of plants. What's your stock?

Thanks to all. I have a community tank with 5 Cory Cats (2 Albino, 3 Peppered), 2 Panda Garra, 5 Congo Tetras, 4 Peppermint Tetras, and 4 Rosy Barbs. I have Amazon Sword Plants, some Dwarf Sagittaria, and two Moss Balls.

It looks really really good! Maybe as a thought you could have some lower growing plants? Just to give a bit of dimension to the lower parts of the tank. Only a thought! It's a lovely tank.

Thanks GoldieLocks1. I was planning to get some lower ground plants in my next fish shopping trip. I will post pictures when I get them.

I like this tank a lot good job! I just don't like the big digital thermometer or whatever it is right at front can't you hide it round the side somewhere???

Lol I have all mine displayed prominently as well. I have a real paranoia around water temp (or heater malfunctions anyway). It's the first thing I check when I get up before I even look at the fish! Other than when I specifically check the temps, I never even notice them stuck on the front. Lol. I I had to go back and check the OP's pics after I read your reply as I didn't notice his either!

Lol I have all mine displayed prominently as well. I have a real paranoia around water temp (or heater malfunctions anyway). It's the first thing I check when I get up before I even look at the fish! Other than when I specifically check the temps, I never even notice them stuck on the front. Lol. I I had to go back and check the OP's pics after I read your reply as I didn't notice his either!

I don't use them at all I use two heaters so I know if one goes down then the other will pick it up it makes a more stable temp for the fish too :)

I don't use them at all I use two heaters so I know if one goes down then the other will pick it up it makes a more stable temp for the fish too :)

I use two heaters also- but my paranoia is more about boiling my fish than freezing them! I just need the continual reassurance :)
Same way I can't go 4 days without a pwc- I can't relax and enjoy them if I'm not certain their water is healthy and reasonably fresh. I didn't used to be paranoid and neurotic before I kept fish! Lol

I use two heaters also- but my paranoia is more about boiling my fish than freezing them! I just need the continual reassurance :)
Same way I can't go 4 days without a pwc- I can't relax and enjoy them if I'm not certain their water is healthy and reasonably fresh. I didn't used to be paranoid and neurotic before I kept fish! Lol

But if you religiously check it why not hide it on the side somewhere it's just my opinion I hate the look of of anything cosmetic in the tank all my heaters wires and tubes are all hidden by wood plants and rocks I just think it totally kills the natural look of a tank! You could have a real natural looking tank that looks like a snippet from nature then bam there's a heater stuck diagonally across the back of the tank and it suddenly becomes a glass square filled with water and some plants and fish from a lfs dumped in there haha that is one of my absolute pet hates! This is what I mean you can only see the outlet of my canister filter which I can't help hahaha

image-2706382895.jpg

After posting that I have now just realised how awful that clear co2 tube looks just remembered my friend has a black one I bet I could "borrow" it HAHAHAHHA

But if you religiously check it why not hide it on the side somewhere it's just my opinion I hate the look of of anything cosmetic in the tank all my heaters wires and tubes are all hidden by wood plants and rocks I just think it totally kills the natural look of a tank! You could have a real natural looking tank that looks like a snippet from nature then bam there's a heater stuck diagonally across the back of the tank and it suddenly becomes a glass square filled with water and some plants and fish from a lfs dumped in there haha that is one of my absolute pet hates! This is what I mean you can only see the outlet of my canister filter which I can't help hahaha

What type of leaves or those , it's a beautiful tank

image-4089177831.jpg

image-3367422217.jpg

Thought I would update this thread. Since I've joined AA my planted tank has gone though many changes. I've moved fish and gotten new fish. I'm improving my plant fertilizers and my plants are about to reach their full potential!

Thought I would update this thread. Since I've joined AA my planted tank has gone though many changes. I've moved fish and gotten new fish. I'm improving my plant fertilizers and my plants are about to reach their full potential!

Wow! That's looking fantastic!
What stock do you have now?

Back
Top Bottom