Planted 75 Gallon Amazon Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennesque

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I finally got my "realistic dream" tank for my birthday this past February, and so I've had fun setting this up. :)

Here's the details of the set up:
Flora:

Echinodorus Bleheri - Amazon Sword
Echinodorus Kleiner Prinz - Kleiner Prinz Sword
Echinoforus Parviflorus - Rosette Sword
Helanthium tenellum - Pygmy Chain Sword
Hydrocotyle leucocephala - Pennywort
Vallisneria americana - Jungle Val
And I'm working on floaters.. And there's annoying java moss on the driftwood.

Fauna:

Paracheirodon axelrodi - Cardinal Tetras
Hyphessobrycon amandae - Ember Tetras
Hyphessobrycon rosaceus - Rosy Tetras
Gasteropelecus Sternicla - Silver Hatchets
Nannostomus eques - Diptail Pencilfish
Ancistrus - Long fin Bristlenose Pleco
Corydoras aeneus - Albino Cory

Equipment, etc:

Eheim 2215 filter
Sponge filter
Two heaters, one 125 watt and one 200 watt
Tahitian Moon Sand Substrate
Oscomote+ Root tabs
Flourish Comp for a liquid fert 2x weekly
2x Current USA Freshwater + LED lights.
Driftwood are cypress knees

Attachments

• 20140330_211524_LLS.jpg
    20140330_211524_LLS.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 200
  • 20140626_174121.jpg
    20140626_174121.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 201
  • 2014-06-14 19.34.10.jpg
    2014-06-14 19.34.10.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 20140308_183437.jpg
    20140308_183437.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 177
I just replied to your intro thread. Didn't see this thread before it. WOW. What a beautiful tank, truly stunning(y)(y)

Thank you! :) although, I think I half destroyed the tank tonight lol.. Well, the pennywort is all uprooted at least.

I am rehoming my rosy tetras to get more cardinal tetras.. They're just a bit too rowdy for this tank, in my opinion.. They're good fish, but pick off the food before the little guys can get it.

I love the way cardinal tetras look in a planted tank. :)

Thank you! :) although, I think I half destroyed the tank tonight lol.. Well, the pennywort is all uprooted at least.

I am rehoming my rosy tetras to get more cardinal tetras.. They're just a bit too rowdy for this tank, in my opinion.. They're good fish, but pick off the food before the little guys can get it.

I love the way cardinal tetras look in a planted tank. :)
I completely agree. I rehomed my Rosies in favour of some RummyNoses. Cardinals do look cool in a planted tank though.....

Love rummies too :) They school better, and I love their pattern.. But I love that electric blue cruising around in the plants more. I've got 17 so far, but I want to get some more.

I think I may end up with just large schools of cardinals, the pencilfish, and cories and then my checkerboard cichlids.. And then my little school of ember tetras cause I'll never catch them lol They're neat little fish though. :)

And I just realized I didn't list the dicrossus filamentosus, lyretail checkerboard cichlids in the original post. I do have three of those. The boy is that third pic. :D Love those lil guys!

Back
Top Bottom