Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gsxrownr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got a new 55 gallon tank with a filtration system I never seen before, it's a megaflow model 3 sump filtration and it goes in the under storage part of the aquarium stand, but my question is how do u prep it or set it up? I would really appreciate some advice

Gsxrownr said:
So I got a new 55 gallon tank with a filtration system I never seen before, it's a megaflow model 3 sump filtration and it goes in the under storage part of the aquarium stand, but my question is how do u prep it or set it up? I would really appreciate some advice

My guess is that you would need to start a siphon so water gets sucked down below the tank, and then if you have the pump on, it should pump it back up...

Is your tank drilled? If not you should have a overflow box. If you have a box then you will have to start a siphon in the "U" tube. I use a air line hose inserted into the top of the tube. Photos would help.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, I got it up and running : ) it's a huge upgrade from my 20 gallon, it's gonna look good

Attachments

• image-2233557341.jpg
    image-2233557341.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 172
  • image-3579031529.jpg
    image-3579031529.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 193
Your doing great so far. Im impressed. I have never seen such a nice looking design. :)

Thanks, I appreciate that, can't wait to get everything in it : )

Looking good!

What's the device on the left photo? is that a canister filter?

Any specs? :)

Make sure to post some pics once your set up is finished! (y)

Ya it's a megaflow model 3 sump filter, and it's good for a 110 gallon but I have a 55 gallon so it filters like crazy lol, and ya I'm gonna have more pics up soon : )

So I got everything set up, but I was hoping someone tell me how to help get the foam down. It's not at the top of my tank but underneath in the filtration system and I was hoping it would jus take some time for it to settle down but I don't know how much time that would take and it's already been a couple of days, any ideas?

Attachments

• image-3786994386.jpg
    image-3786994386.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom