35gal reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I added some more coral when should I start feeding reef chilli

I usually wait a couple days for it to get acclamated. Watch to see if they put their feeder tentacles out. The Duncan will help himself to anything that touches his tentacles.

When you feed it's a good idea to turn off your filter but keep the circulation pumps going for a few minutes. That'll keep the food from getting removed while it's in the water column. Also, feed way less than recommended. Most recommendations are for full tanks with loads of corals. As with feeding fish, less is always better for water quality.

Found what I think is a nudibranch in my tank last night. Need more time in the day so I can work on building a cave to shelter the Dendrophyllia.
Not much time left after putting in 12 to 20hrs a day working.
Today was my day off, I'm working like I did on my last 3 days off. :'(
What does it look like?

ForumRunner_20130214_152510.jpg

ForumRunner_20130214_152535.jpg

I've seen YouTube videos on mantis shrimp. They are unstoppable when they get big. Mine is small though.

Okay, so I have some time to play in the reef today. I'm going to move some rocks around and try to save my Dendrophyllia by creating a cave/overhang. I have it in my mind how I want it.
This is the current before picture. I'll update it after I'm done. All feedback is welcome! Wish me luck!!!

ForumRunner_20130215_113029.jpg

Thank dude,
Almost 3hrs and I'm done. Have a low spot on the left top of the rocks now. I'll make a run to the lfs to look for another piece of live rock or a piece of coral to give the tank some balance. I'm happy with how it turned out. Pictures soon.

Well it took me the better part of yesterday but I think it turned out good. Picked up a green clove polyp coral also.

Before:

ForumRunner_20130216_094418.jpg

After:

ForumRunner_20130216_094620.jpg

ForumRunner_20130216_094658.jpg

ForumRunner_20130216_094733.jpg

ForumRunner_20130216_094821.jpg

ForumRunner_20130216_094853.jpg

Very nice job bro, I can't upload any more pics till I join lol.
The candy came had all its tentacles out this morning before the lights came on pretty cool

You did a great job I hope the dendro opens for you. I like the new polyps too

Back
Top Bottom