55 gal reef startup!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill302

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started the tank Jan. of this year. this was my freshwater tank for the past 15 years and I wanted to try saltwater...so here it is....what do you think? Any suggestions? thanks in advance..3 clarki clowns, 1 percula black/white clownfish, 1 juvenile regal tang, 2 cleaner shrimp, 4 turbo snails blue leg hermits and nassarius snails....button polyps, star polyps, toadstool, brown and green mushroom, lobo....2 t5 10,000K 48in bulbs and 2 antic 48in bulbs run 10 hrs a day.. (Filters)-magnum 350 with bio wheels, aqua-tech 30-60, reef octopus bh100ss skimmer.. I do a 5-6 gal water chg. weekly. aqueon 700 and 1250 and maxi-jet 900 powerheads which run 10 hrs. 3 in deep sandbed and approx. 70 lbs of liverock. prolly forgot to list everything so help me out....thanks

Attachments

• 100_0565.jpg
    100_0565.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 121
The set up looks good, but I see issues with the stocking. Clarkii clowns are extremely aggressive. I had 1 to deal with my YT danios, and boy did he. He also attacked my large BSWGoby all the time. Very territorial and aggressive.
In the end 2 will probably pair up and kill the 3 rd, not to mention the little osc clown. The Blue Tang will get way too big for your tank and coupled with the Clarkiis will probably have health issues due to stress.

Thanks Ingy, im going to find a bigger home for the regal tang soon. and the clarkis get along great the percula clown is the aggressive one but they all seem to do well together. I forgot to mention I have 1 purple dottyback...

Back
Top Bottom