55 Gallon Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Planterjonas

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my father's 55 gallon hexagon reef tank. It setup this last summer. We built a background for it and gives the tank a more natural look. I would recommend building a background before setting up a reef tank because of the looks, less dead spots, and extra locations to put coral frags. There is also a hang on the back refugium. Inhabitants: 3 Turbo snails 3 Conch snails 1 bi color blenny 1 Dwarf venustus angel 1 Clown trigger 2 Pajama cardinals several hermit crabs Too many corals to name but I'll put the general names down (If you want any identifications ask below...): frogspawn hammer frogspawn star polyps tree corals plate corals zoas acans daisys xenia image-974785261.jpg image-4077881029.jpg image-1847505330.jpg image-2466710770.jpg image-1110519899.jpg image-899758827.jpg image-3776108912.jpg image-410662118.jpg image-1293365604.jpg

Nice tank! I love those clown triggers. Have you had any problems with him nipping corals?

Nice tank! I love those clown triggers. Have you had any problems with him nipping corals?

From time to time he'll nip but the only thing he has hurt or killed were some featherdusters. Clown triggers are really a hit or miss reef fish...

I'd say they are medium safe when small but not safe at all when bigger, he really needs a bigger tank eventually. Hope you have plans for a bigger tank or rehoming him.

I'd say they are medium safe when small but not safe at all when bigger, he really needs a bigger tank eventually. Hope you have plans for a bigger tank or rehoming him.

He is not very big right now but if he gets larger than 5 inches or starts getting too aggressive towards corals and other fish we'll have to get rid of him.

Thanks too Carey!

He is not very big right now but if he gets larger than 5 inches or starts getting too aggressive towards corals and other fish we'll have to get rid of him.

Thanks too Carey!

Good call, they are a beautiful fish though!

Back
Top Bottom