90 gallon new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acolaojr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I bought a rsm 130d a couple months ago and I'm hooked as everyone said I want a bigger tank. My local LFS gave me a price for a 90 gallon with hood and storage cabinet below (oak) led lighting with timers. Rs 200 sump. Protein skimmer for 150 gallon tank. Heater, 2 water movers 1400 gph return pump. 100 lbs of LR 100lbs of live sand. Installed for $2350. Does that sound responsible? Also does anyone know if the rs 200 can be used for a refugium I think it only has two chambers. Thanks in advance.

My fuge only has 2 chambers. Not sure of model #. In the first section I have skimmer, gfo pump, large chaeto ball under a cfl light and a pile of rocks that go right to the surface to keep the chaeto from going into the next section. Other section is return and 1 heater. Works perfect and I personally prefer that to the 3 section fuges.

You can have the skimmer in the same section of the refugium? Can I see a pic? I was originally looking on Craig's list but I don't have the resources of picking the tank up and transporting it. I could get the truck just not the manpower.

Here ya go

Separate photos of the 2 sections showing the rocks in the middle.

Attachments

• image-669279820.jpg
    image-669279820.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3242735455.jpg
    image-3242735455.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 77
Sand provides a place for bacteria. Rocks do the same. With no sand it's a bit easier to clean once in a while by vacuuming out sediment. Filter socks trap poop so it doesn't get into the skimmer where it belongs.
In the return is the back up heater. It is set about 1.5 degrees cooler than primary heater so if the primary fails I will notice a slight temp drop. Primary heater is under the chaeto.

Back
Top Bottom