after 1 yr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
sorry for the slight vacation. Have a 2 year old little girl now! Miss you all.

Here is my tank after 1 year. Much is owed to the knowledge gained from the people on this site. Thanks AA

I am back!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• march_06_resized_206.jpg
    march_06_resized_206.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 306
Wow, that's a lot of zoos!

It is, but I need some purple ones.

Thanks to all for compliments!

Gorgeous tank :D What do you feed all your corals? I’ve just recently added some zoos, so fun to watch new tanks grow. My little girl will be 2 in July so I can understand your lack of surfing time :lol: I really only get to do it at work.

What do you feed all your corals?

Rotifers, plankton, mysid, liquid invert, cyclopeze, smelt, daphnia, and a few others. best to give as big a variety as possible.

Watch out for the yellow polyps, they get out of control!

Beautiful collection. I could only imagine the cost of that. But wow, if that was mine I'd be proud of myself.

By the way, so like, I am over ran by rocks since corals that I buy are attached. So what do normal reefers do? Do they detach them from the rocks that they were attached at the LFS then glue it on their existing lr in their display? Sorry, a very very obvious noob I am.

As long as the coral attached can be removed safely that is fine. Personally I just remove a smaller rock in the tank and replace it with the rock/coral most of the time. Especially if the rock attached is prettier then the rock I remove ;)

Personally I just remove a smaller rock in the tank and replace it with the rock/coral most of the time

Best option! It will be enough stress on the little buggers as it is. You can break the rock into a smaller piece before you put it in your tank. The LR breaks up pretty easily. You can put some in your sump.

Eventually it gets to the point that you need to look at the LR size just as muck as the critter size.

I save the LR I need to remove. I break it up for rubble or bases I use to frag other goodies.

If all else fails, post on AA you need to get rid of some LR. There is always somebody starting up a new tank that needs some well seeded rock to get goin. I know I did.

That is a ten!

Awe Shucks! Sometimes I think it's ever prettier in pictures. I've tried to make one of these images the wallpaper on my PC, but there sre so many colors I can't make out the icons.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom