Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't mention it, anything to help out a fellow reefer

was there a death that you didn't notice that could have cause a spike in nuitrient levels? or was the person feeding your tank over feeding, because thats a big bloom of hair algae. i've gone months without a skimmer of refugium when mine broke and i was waiting for a part, all i had was a breading box with chaeto and was away durign the week for work and went a few month without a PWC and no real issue with algae i had dictoya growth but even now i have it. this stuff is a real PIA and i've heard that its next to impossible to get rid of as it could feed of the cleanest water

Yes, while I was gone 5 chromis disappeared and also my yellow watchman. I'm not too sure on the over feeding because I never saw the amount that was being added. Once I got back though I made good progress but I have not been able to completely get rid of it.

My wife was.

I noticed though looking back to when I started this tank that this issue was already there. I looked at my own profile pictures and noticed this algae. When I upgraded from my 30 to this 90 gallon I used dry rock from Marco rocks and I passed my live rock from my 30 gallon that already had this algae. I guess I've been dealing with this issue longer than I thought.

Whew! Just finished reading through this thread! Took me a week but it was worth it. First, Mr. X awesome tank as everyone else has said! Also a question, I'm setting up a 125 gallon and have ordered 3 taotronic led panels. What are your thoughts on the wp-40 powerhead by Jebao? Any experience with them? I'm interested obvioiusly because of the price but also from what they seem capable of doing! Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Whew! Just finished reading through this thread! Took me a week but it was worth it. First, Mr. X awesome tank as everyone else has said! Also a question, I'm setting up a 125 gallon and have ordered 3 taotronic led panels. What are your thoughts on the wp-40 powerhead by Jebao? Any experience with them? I'm interested obvioiusly because of the price but also from what they seem capable of doing! Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Have one in my 180g, love it! Also posted a video on my thread. Kio 3.0.

It's not like them really. It's much cheaper construction, but it works. I'm not a fan of the control-ability, but I do like the power for the money. I run mine at 100%. I would like to get another one eventually.

Lol nice! Just ordered mine, also comes with a new silicone piece that is supposed to "quiet" motor operation, super hype lol. I appreciate you and this forums help I've learned so much!

Good stuff since they were free I figured it wouldn't hurt to have I'm real excited cant wait till they get here and I can really start this build. Thanks Mr. X!

Doug, have you used Reef Chili for your corals? I am using it for the past year and can't tell if its making any difference in growth. Usually like and trust the BRS guys.

Na. I don't broadcast feed anything, except what I feed the fish. I think there's plenty of food in the water column for corals without that.

What's your recipe for coral food? I am not sure the reef chili is cutting it. As we have discussed before, I don't usually buy prepared foods either.

I try to include fresh clam, squid tubes, shrimp, scallop, and some white meat fish (I tried salmon and steel head trout before but it left too much oil in the water). I also add a package of cyclo-peeze. That's about it.

I try to include fresh clam, squid tubes, shrimp, scallop, and some white meat fish (I tried salmon and steel head trout before but it left too much oil in the water). I also add a package of cyclo-peeze. That's about it.

I thought that was your basic fish food recipe? You just grind it finer for filter feeders?

Back
Top Bottom