Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When things look great, do a water change, when they look bad, do a water change, when my butt itches, I take a shower....and then do a water change! LOL.

This is the one thing you've taught me over the years that I've really taken to heart,..I too rely on my PWC's to replenish my levels,...all my corals are nicely colored and growing well,..tank is healthy and looks nice,...why change it if it works ?
Beautiful pictures btw!!!

When things look great, do a water change, when they look bad, do a water change, when my butt itches, I take a shower....and then do a water change! LOL.

You crack me up! Corals look amazing.....someday mine will be on your level. LOL. Just stay on here to help us all out!!

My biggest issue is I mix a lot of soft and hard corals. Also, with this crop of hundreds of mushrooms doesn't help the hard corals at all. Thining down the softies, but everyone in the family actually prefer them to hard corals because of the movements.

My biggest issue is I mix a lot of soft and hard corals. Also, with this crop of hundreds of mushrooms doesn't help the hard corals at all. Thining down the softies, but everyone in the family actually prefer them to hard corals because of the movements.
LPS are my favorite, colorful and lots of movement, they are also more challenging then mushrooms which is a plus for me

Power heads and cords can easily be cleaned. take one power head out at a time and run them in a vinegar solution overnight. You might want to remove the tiny brittles and such before hand though.
The sump I wouldn't worry about. This is where you want algae to grow.

Your only issue is the rock. How bad is it? Post a pic.

I posted a video in my thread, so I don't steal yours. You can see how it has overtaken things. It is manageable on the rocks, but still a week of growth.

Back on target, it is nice to see how well your coral are growing. Really nice pieces and can't wait until some of mine hit that level.

I want you to know this is hands down the best post I have ever read on the forum HANDS DOWN! HAHAHA I've been rolling at this for 30 minutes now and will be for days to come... Just got caught up on your thread and have to tell you those butt showers and water changes have truly paid off for you man! Your tank looks amazing!

I want you to know this is hands down the best post I have ever read on the forum HANDS DOWN! HAHAHA I've been rolling at this for 30 minutes now and will be for days to come... Just got caught up on your thread and have to tell you those butt showers and water changes have truly paid off for you man! Your tank looks amazing!
Thanks! :ROFLMAO:

Hey Doug, just wondering, i have Platygyra that is slowly receding in my frag tank. Any ideas? it's color is good. No visible parasites.

PAR is about 350, not a lot of water movement as its in a corner right now. Water parameters are good.

350 is a lot of PAR. I would move it first, and see if that corrects the problem. 150 PAR is more than enough IME.

I would move it because I would want to change the flow and I also commented on the light. I didn't mean the light made the edges recede. If that continues, I would dremel the dying part off.

Having you two sharing knowledge and advice is like joe Frazier asking Mohamed Ali how to throw a left hook,..very refreshing to us stupid people :)

Back
Top Bottom