Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well all my new coral are doing great. Haven't had time to do anything to the tank all week :-(
I'll try to get some updated pics today

Ok so I'm going to try peroxide dipping the zoa rock to try and kill off the blue clove polyps. My new frag plugs will be here Thursday so I'm going to try and remove what I can of the zoas the rest I will just have to chance dipping.

Ok I got my order from Dr fosters smith that I placed Saturday today.
Pretty quick for free shipping.
Used one of the $20 gift certificates from the frag swap that they gave out in the goodie bags at the door and got a 200gal box of io reef crystals and a 25 pack of frag plugs for under $35 with free shipping... Awesome
:)

Hopefully the reef crystals helps with my calcium but I won't be able to tell for a while, I still have at least 15 gallons of regular instant ocean salt mixed up which will last me another 3 weeks. I use a 32 gallon brute trash can with a pump and heater and keep it full just in case I need a big batch of saltwater. Not quite sure if its good to keep refilling it each week or if I should use it all up then start a new batch each time?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

tank came a long way in a short time

looks good

I just got my salt the other day it was back ordered for 2 weeks

best part they never charged my card it was free lol

tank came a long way in a short time

looks good

I just got my salt the other day it was back ordered for 2 weeks

best part they never charged my card it was free lol

Thanks, that's awesome with my luck though they would charge my card 6 months later when I don't have the cash lol. I got unusually bad luck though. Heck I'm at work on the boat and the stern has a golfball sized hole in it. I'm having to keep it pumped out so I don't wake up floating in the river ha ha. We are going to the dock to get them to lift the back up with a crane and try to weld it. They spent $300,000 on a boat that the bottom is rotten lol.

Ok I have been working a lot and haven't had time to update. I had a issue with not getting all the bleach out of my purigen all the way during regeneration. I lost a few corals but I think I got it under control.

Just going to buy new ones each time from now on.

Going in the morning to get a used 10 gallon sump setup.

Ecoplus 396 return pump
Eshopps 300 overflow
10 gallon tank with 2 baffles
Clamp on light

Paying $75 for it

Ok I got bought a used reef keeper lite controller I think I got it all figured out. I ordered float switch kits from brs and am buying a used module from another reef club member

I currently have everything hooked to the two power strips. When I get the float switches hooked up I can do away with my current ato system and I will have one free plug on one of the power strips lol.

Whenever I get this 10gallon sump hooked up I need 2 plugs :-(

I'm thinking of buying a splitter and putting both circulation pumps on one plug. I am not going to use the wavemaker function cause my hydor pump is old and makes clunking sounds when starting up and the other one is a cheap oceanic 250 nano and it makes clunking sounds too and I'm afraid they both won't be able to handle it

I really like the controller I wish I would have gotten one sooner. It does a awesome job at keeping my temp the same before it would fluctuate a few degrees, now it turns heater on at 77.9 and off at 78.1

Also removed all the clutter of my other power strips and the need for the 2 dial timers for my light that I was always accidentally hitting tabs in and would find out at 2am when the light woke me up.

Standby feature is nice too, no more unplugging everything to do water changes

Ok I built a 10 gallon sump

I have a 3 piece bubble trap on the return side and a regular baffle and a split baffle on the overflow side. The split baffle so water flows through cheato and rock and bottom piece is 2" high so I can still have sand if I want

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Ok here is my sump setup and controller with float switches. It took a while but I finally got it hooked up I just hope it doesn't have any issues

Back
Top Bottom