Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well bad news. It got hot the other day and I didn't turn the,ac on and my tank got to 83. Well one of my chromis died. I went looking for him and, was taking my rocks out and putting them in buckets and in the process knocked my green Bays, dragons eyes, and birdsnest off the rocks and can't find them now. Also apparently my new six line wrasse was I'm a hole in one of the rocks cause I found him in the bottom of the bucket with about a half inch of water. Now I think he is going to die cause he is just hovering at the top of the water in a corner

there tough fish I found mine on my key board thought he was dead
sure enough he is alive been that way almost 4 months now

I'm extremely happy he had me worried. From now on if a fish dies unless I see him I'm not worrying about it. Went thru all that and the crabs had him and almost got him completely ate. Lesson learned I guess.

Ok my six line wrasse is doing great. I'm very happy he was ok. I also found my green bays and my dragons eyes in the sand with the atinic light on. yeah!

Ok got some new stuff today. Yall are gonna faint when I say what I paid for all of it

Neon Green Nepthea

2 Acropora frags

A huge zoa rock that has been drilled for frag plugs and has 4 different types of zoas on it

Monti confusa

Auto Top Off System
12 volt relay setup with aqua lifter pump and 2 float switches

I paid $55 for all this. The auto top off with pump would cost about $80

Kevin the wheeler and dealer. Those are some awesome corals!!! I'm jealous again!

Ok got my auto top off bracket made and everything hooked up. Works great except the clicking sound the relay makes. I may try wrapping it in insulation inside the box I don't know if it gets hot or not though

I can't wait till the frag swap Saturday. I've already got these corals coming.

acropora hoeksemai $15
green slimmer $10
blueberry monti $10
meteor shower $15
reeftech starburst cap $15
space invaders zoanthids $15
Edit: also getting tubs blue zoas $20 for 15 polyps

What else should I buy?

Also picked up a 2 head purple/green trumpet coral, more dragons eye zoas, more green bay zoas, and some unidentified zoas all for $22

The frag swap was awesome. I Got a bottle of IO calcium booster, IO marine stabilizer, 2 packs IO gel food, two sample packs sinking granular food, 2 ink pens and 2 $20 gift certificates for drs foster & smith in goodie bags for going.

I bought a neon pointer stick so I can point out my corals to myself... I'm a dork I just wanted one cause they glow under my leds

I bought these corals
acropora hoeksemai
green slimmer
blueberry monti
meteor shower
reeftech starburst cap
Tubs blue zoas
space invaders zoas
Hammer coral
Orange star polyps

And someone gave me a bleached monti cap with zoas all on the rock. it still has a tiny spot of color so I hope it comes back. If not I still got a bunch of free zoas

Ok so here is some pics
Green tipped hammer

Green slimmer acropora

Acropora hoeksamei

Blueberry Montipora

Reeftech Starburst Monti

Tubs blue zoas

Space invaders zoas

also got some not shown:
Orange star polyps
Unknown type of zoas
Unknown monti cap
Meteor shower cyphestrea

Nice haul!!! I think we are the only 2 subscribed to each others threads. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom