Matt's 125 Peninsula update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattdean

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, it's been forever since I posted anything. Thought I would share. Everything is great in the tank. I've had no problems and everything grows like a weed in my tank. All the SPS were no more than one inch frags less thana year ago!

Here's some pics: The second is slightly older. I have since replaced the green monti cap with a nicer, smaller monti.

tvsideoct2011small.jpg

mysidejuly2011.jpg

I'll try to post some coral shots later on.

Thanks

Yes. I have a Red Dragon 8.2 for the closed loop. It's split into two in 2 different spots along the bottom. I also have an MP20 on the end. That combined with the 2 split returns gives me a nice 'vortech' of flow. I don't think there are any dead spots in the tank.

:thanks: All it took was a little patience, some hard work and research and enough money to buy a car! :facepalm:

I've been told by many that it is much nicer in person - as most are. When just the Reefbrite XHO blue actinic LED strips are on, it's like a cartoon. Everything comes alive.

Here's a couple of pics with just the LED. It doesn't even come close, but gives you an idea.

ledonly.jpg

ledcloseup.jpg

I completely agree. The funny thing is, there really isn't that much difference between doing it right and cheaping out. I wasted a lot of money on my first SW tank with crap equipment that was useless. (Thanks to a Big Al's employee)

This time, I did everything right and bought only the best. Because I committed to doing it right, I have had no problems or worries. Fish have never had ich or disease of any kind. The tank is all but perfect!

Here's some fish and coral shots, as promised:

yumaandzoa.jpg

rainbowacan.jpg

mandyfaviakiss.jpg

greenyumamacro.jpg

mitchlazy1.jpg

mitchbetty.jpg

purpleacrotip.jpg

pinkblueacan.jpg

Sitting.. mouth agape. WOW.. AMAZING..BEAUTIFUL... If I could get my tank even a fraction of that nice, I would be happy.

It just took a resolve to do things right, take the time to get your vision out and it all starts with the aquascape. If the rock look great without corals, you almost can't lose once you put the corals in. I've always ad a flair for aesthetics, that, coupled with doing what my wife told me to do, was a recipe for success! LOL!:hide:

do you still buy your stuff from big al's? they are to pricey for corals and fish, i now go to a place in markham called sea u marine

This is a stunning work of art... Amazingly Beautiful Aquarium!!! Hats off to you!

do you still buy your stuff from big al's? they are to pricey for corals and fish, i now go to a place in markham called sea u marine

Good heaven's NO! I won't step foot in there, except maybe for a powerhead to mix saltwater.

I buy all my fish/corals/equipment from Oakville Reef Gallery. It's thanks to their guidance/advice that my tank has flourished. Sea U Marine has nice fish and, if you get there first, some nice corals. Good quality, however i have received some questionable advice on fish from Ken - ie: a Batfish being reef safe.

Tom and Joe at ORG have always treated me well. they have told me NOT to buy fish and corals because they didn't feel they were 100%. That shows me they care. Good customer service and the best selection of dry goods in the GTA.

there is a possiblility that some have been able to keep a bat fish in a reef, it really all comes down to the individule fish.

i've never been to oakville reef gallery, oakville is a little to far away from me i live in woodbridge

Makes my tank look like crap. Good frigin job. I am now remodeling. Mail me frags and blue prints. Lol

Back
Top Bottom