My 125G SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a new toy today for $50, technology finally reached this far for that price :)
My first 2 reading was 0.22 and 0.21, the RO/DI water 0.00, tested my salt water mix and got 0.00.

hannah-instruments-phosphate-checker.jpg

Also got a few new coral last week, and again no clue what are their species name. ID it please.

dsc0005wb.jpg

dsc0006wg.jpg

dsc0007wd.jpg

Different subject......................

I know there is many different coralline algae out there, but how can I force or promote the pure purple one to grow on the rocks and not on the glass ?

Rocks have dark colored algae.
dsc0012wl.jpg

but the glass almost only bright purple and some light green algae.

dsc0009wt.jpg

ps: sorry for the dark pictures, did not feel like to drag out the 2x500 ambient light.

Thanks Mitchell.

I'm guessing the owner of the store would know what are they, but the guys I deal with know nothing about SWF or Corals, they always give me crazy cash deals.

Not much new at all, other than the new salt I spending aka wasting my money.
I did 3 test for Ca, Mg and dKh.
Coralife: 450, 1250, 8
H2Ocean: 460, 1300, 9
My drop test might be not as accurate as their lab-test, but I dont see significant different for $40 extra.
After I'm over this bucket of H2Ocean will be back to Coralife.

Here is a few full size tank shot, and that pretty mushroom I rescued from the LFS.

dsc0020wg.jpg

dsc0024w.jpg

dsc0029wk.jpg

dsc0030w.jpg

dsc0031w.jpg

dsc0012wi.jpg

Nikon D60, its a loner from a friend.
My old Nikon 995 almost good as this new one except the resolution.
I thing the lighting is the key.
8x54W T5 + 2 500W halogen with polarized glass from a old PC CRT screen filter.
10156480.jpg

Here is the most recent pictures of my tank.
Nothing new added, there is a significant growth on the Birdnest and on the Hammer.
One of my anemone has spited again, now I have 4 in total.

img0154nf.jpg

img0163c.jpg

img0180aq.jpg

img0164uu.jpg

All picture taken as raw format, lighting are insane, 8x54 T5 above the tank and 4x500w halogen from the front, I also force the flash on the camera.
White balancing calibrated in this lighting, most picture detail enhanced with camera raw software. You don't see what I see so trust me, it look extremely vivid under this light condition in real life.
Tint and coloring not changed, insensitivity, contrast and brightness only.

Also if you guys check one of my previous post polarized filter are must to reduce flare and reflection.

Picture taken from 4-10 feet using optical zoom only.

Example, raw picture converted to Jpeg.
dsc0023px.jpg

Highlight and brightness reduced by 8&6 unit.

dsc0023w0.jpg

I'm not a photographer just as much not a marine biologist..
Just having fun.

wow
My Bubble-tip Rose anemone decided to move a few inch closer to this Clam, that was last nigh, this morning the Clam is dead :sad::yawn::mad:

Also start to stinging my flowerpot to, ohhh I'm in trouble, what should I do now, should I try to move it ? split it ? sale it ?

dscn0731w.jpg

That foxface sure is taking a chance. You might want to think about blocking it off from your corals. Sorry about the clam. That`s the reason I dont have an anenome anymore.

What is this inside the square ?
I know the one on the right is aiptasia, on the left Xenia...

dscn07691.jpg

Back
Top Bottom