My 125G SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that nem is awesome. you should mount that piece of green birdsnest, it will help it grow out if it has something stable and doesnt get blown around by your pump.

Are you sure ?
My LFS will give me $5 for him ! I think not !
I tried to catch some one on the act but no luck, 5AM or midnight all fish hiding in their rocks, I saw a few hermit trimming the base rock where to coral mounted but I don't believe they would climb up to the top branch.
Anyone can confirm Triggers would eat bird nest ? Is the light could not be the reason ? I turn off 2 set penamently and limited to 4 Hr for the other 2, this way 4 T5 running for 10 Hr and 6 for 4 Hr.
There is a new spot start to decay on one of the top branch, the tiny what I broke off looks good.

Oh yest the water is great, 20G per week water change, calcium at 480-500, Mg at 1250, NO3 0, Ammonia 0, DKh 11, PH 8.2/8.3, Phosphate not "0" I don't remember the exact value but in the first 2 color.
Everything in the tank is feel like they are on vacation, either the light or some one biting on him.
I changed the light about 1 mo, form 400w MH to 8 T5, 4 Blue, 2 Purple, 2 16K white.
I don't heat the water at all, temp goes form 23-26C.
3 Wave maker in random sequence, skimmer OCT160 running 24/7, main pump either 3500 or 4500 don't remember now. NO3 reactor running for 6mo, cleaned 2x, Phosphate reactor on again for 3 days now, UV running 4 Hr daytime only.

What parameter would effect this coral ? since all the others doing fine !

I don't have all the test kit anymore, and some are old.
The ones I use are fairly new 2-4 mo, PH, Ca, Mg, No3

Your water seems fine I just wanted to eliminate that possibility. That to me doesn't look like light damage. Your color is good so it's probably getting enough food. I would say either your trigger or a worm/other undesirable of some kind.

The coral is being hit or bit by something in the tank. I grew tons of birdsnest in my system and that is definite damage from some other animal. Triggers and angels are know to nip at SPS. They are typically not reef safe. The trigger is my first guess as to what is going. Second guess would be a hermit got into the coral and broke a branch off, I've seen it before.

Thanks
I will make the necessary moves.

Can I feed him to my freshwater turtles :rolleyes:

Time to get new skimmer ?
Here is what you looking for.
$78000.00
250 Kg
1500G/min
50 unit on stock !
wow, who buy this thing ?
PS-RK2000-PE.jpg

Great tank. The colors are spectacular and the stand you made? is beautiful. Can't find anything like that on the open market. Terrific.
Thanks, as time pass by, I regret to buy the cheapest 2x4 on the market, I don't think I can pull out more than 2-3-4 year max from this stand, all the inside corner 2x4 are getting soft, I was mounting a switch on one of them and the 1.5" wood-screw goes in like it was butter :(
The top is made from 2x 3/4" MDF, the side and doors are 5/8" MDF, painted 2x with oil based wood paint.

Thanks, as time pass by, I regret to buy the cheapest 2x4 on the market, I don't think I can pull out more than 2-3-4 year max from this stand, all the inside corner 2x4 are getting soft, I was mounting a switch on one of them and the 1.5" wood-screw goes in like is was butter :(
The top is made from 2x 3/4" MDF, the side and doors are 5/8" MDF, painted 2x with oil based wood paint.

That sucks... you might want to replace it before it collapses you don't want all that on the floor... It may have a few years on it I'm just saying do leave it till it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom