My 25 Gal Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Yep, mine is about 4" as well. Must have been a big shipment of blennies from africa. LOL I havent seen a midas ever at my LFS and he had 2 today.

I didn't see a Midas Blenny at the LFS, so I bought mine online. THE NEXT LFS VISIT they had 3 of them! I was really irritated, but then I saw the price tag of the ones in the LFS, $70! Glad I got it online!

Yeah, iu wasn't too thrilled with the $45 price tag mine had. I had gotten one from Live aquaria a few months ago and he was only 20 or 30$ at the time.

Yeah, iu wasn't too thrilled with the $45 price tag mine had. I had gotten one from Live aquaria a few months ago and he was only 20 or 30$ at the time.

Yeah mine was 40$ but I was more then happy to pay that. The fish was live and active and had great color. Plus the owner got him in for me to prove me wrong that someone in town could get me a good midis Blenny. Because I was looking for it for 2 months

Today I did some water testing. I do water tests every week before I do water changes. Today was the first day I have ever had 0 Nitrates at the end of the week, My skimmer is working much better after adjusting it. My ph has stabilized at 8.2 finally...its been 7.9 since I set the tank up. Also my Phosphates have come down from .5ppm last week to .25ppm this week.

I ordered a Koralia 425 today for the tank to get better flow and then i Think my tank will be very happy.

So I found out the hermits I had don't eat algae. So I got 4 scarlet hermits today to see if that helps. I removed my other hermits and put them in my fowlr. I always wondered why they never ate in algae...

Pictures of New and I think final Frags, I have ran out of room...lol

Each were 20$ the birds nest is a rather large frag. The guy at the LFS tried to make me pay extra for it because "That Nest should be in the 40$ tank" I said thats BS and demanded he sell it to me for the price marked. I have been keeping my eye on this frag for weeks while I figured out my Nitrate issue and it has been in the 20$ tank the whole time. so that really made me mad.
img_1828421_0_5201dafd23e171dc0e718b5c6c755a1c.jpg

This frag im not sure what it is however i know its an SPS. He tried to make me pay extra for this coral as well because it was an "Aquacultured" coral. That didnt fly either of course...

img_1828421_1_d0857dc678f90cc21663af85b984c2a0.jpg

Nice new additions. way to stand up for what is right. I hate some of these greedy store owners, everything is about the money. Iunderstand that end of course, but come on already.....LOL

Nice new additions. way to stand up for what is right. I hate some of these greedy store owners, everything is about the money. Iunderstand that end of course, but come on already.....LOL

Yeah This store doesn't mark prices on most things and one guy just throws prices out of his butt. It really makes me mad but I alway get my way because I'm not going to buy something when I'm getting ripped off. I know what stuff is worth I'm no fool

The best LFS I go to, or should I say the best stocked,cause this guy is brutal on prices. he marks everything but stuff is so pricey. I was gonna buy my 60g cube setup from him, if he had dropped the price even $20 i would have gotten it from him. So I went down the block and saved $60. LOL I go to that one store every single week and soend a couple hundred a month there and he never throws me a bone. Not ever. I've been looking for a replacement LFS who has even half the selection so here's hoping.

I have one thats really good with me its just kinda far away and he doesnt have much SW stuff yet but hes working on it. He always gives me great deals on things and hooks me up with freebees. He gave me a 425 korilia that the suction cup was broken off of so I didnt have to buy one for my 50gall r/o water barral so that the water keeps moving. He also got me my 75gall tank for 120$ and the LFS that tries to screw people over wanted 250+ for it.

Your 2nd pic looks like an acro valida to me. Could be wrong.

Nice pick-ups!

Back
Top Bottom