My new setup.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, if you get an elegance coral, I'd be curious as to how it does. I researched and got some strange info on them, like they want high nitrate muddy water, that arrivals these days are not doing well as compared to years past, etc. I saw one at a large pet store yesterday and would love to have it, but my tank is pretty new for hard-to-keep stuff.

New Leather addition

As requested a pic of the Lettuce/Cabbage Leather.....what you call I like it.....

Attachments

• DSC01673.jpg
    DSC01673.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 55
If I were ever going to name this it would be lettuce. It might be called cabbage, but it looks more like lettuce.

I`ve heard cabbage leather and cauliflower leather. Never heard lettuce but that dont mean anything. LOL. I started off with a small piece like you and have this now. They will grow very quick.

100_1897.jpg

BTW this is how it started so you can judge how quick it grows.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I noticed you posted you were thing about pulsing xenia for a coral choice. It is very hardy and adapts to a wide variety of conditions. Only problem i have with it is that it can grow extremely fast which is a good thing in most corals but if you decide that you don't like it after a while it has proven very difficult to remove. It will grow back from the smallest cutting or even a tiny piece of tissue left over after being pulled/cut/scrubbed off. Something to consider.

Further developments I have added Metallic Green Xenia, Elegance & a Toadstool Leather ALL are doing good. Will post pics tomorrow if my daughter gives me back the camera! Updating my lighting to 2x14k 150W & 1x20k 150W to bring out more colour in the Elegance & Metallic Xenia.

Latest Pics of Setup & New additions

As mentioned previously pics of of Elegance & Toadstool also my new figi clown enjoying his Nems...........

Attachments

• DSC01716.jpg
    DSC01716.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01719.jpg
    DSC01719.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01713.jpg
    DSC01713.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01720.jpg
    DSC01720.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 50
Hello,

Very impressive tank. I love the wide space for the fish to swim. You have a Niger Trigger and is that supposed to be reef unsafe? Also I am curious about the bi-color angel. Is it thriving as I heard it is a difficult one to keep due to cyanide collection? DP

Hi my Niger I bought in error being told he IS reef safe only to find out he should be added with caution...........so far no probs as he is target fed regularly to satisfiy his hunger. As for my Bi-color she is the only 1 out of my 3 dwarf angels I HAVEN'T had problem with........... Coral Beauty got ill and crocked, my Flame died in quarantine after a week but that was MY fault (learn't the hard way) I now have a Flame & Coral Beauty back as well the Bi and all three get on fine quite happy with each other.......I think is due to the room they have..................................... to answer the other question I have MH (3x150W, 2x54W actinic blue tubes, and Blue LED spots for night time) the light is 6ft long...... centre halide is 20K and outer ones are 14K..........gives nice colour to corals but not too blue. Many thanks guys for asking/looking. I have some knewer corals added (Pom Pom, Hammer, Large Leather, Goniopora) I shall post some pics of the setup shortly......... little busy right now sorting my Seahorse setup to run off of the main sump.

Latest additions to setup

Hi folks just wish to share my latest additions to my setup...... when it is completely done i shall take some full shots. I have added a Nano tank that is plumbed into the main sump system which houses a Canary Wrasse, Percular Clown and seahorse......all doing well as it gets the nutrients and filtration from the main display. I have removed the rear enclosed sump etc and drilled a return and drain in with a home made weir to give more room.

Attachments

• DSC01789.jpg
    DSC01789.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01794.jpg
    DSC01794.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01792.jpg
    DSC01792.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01797.jpg
    DSC01797.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 54
Hi some more pics of the various items.....mainly my seahorse tank

Attachments

• DSC01793.jpg
    DSC01793.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01798.jpg
    DSC01798.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01806.jpg
    DSC01806.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01807.jpg
    DSC01807.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 43
Finished my rock work and few additions........nearly finished though!

As you can see I finalised my rock work taking the total of livelrock to 300kgs..... latest additions are some blue damsels, breeding pair of maroon clowns, humbug damsels, domino damsels and another cleaner wrasse....... 2 x frogspawn, 1 x yellow torch & orange plate coral. I think it looks fantastic as it's my first marine setup that as you can see by this thread been ongoing for 18 months, however, nothing is ever perfect and would appreciate feedback/advice either way for ways to improve the system...........many thanks to those already given invaluable advice.

Attachments

• DSC01835.jpg
    DSC01835.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01845.jpg
    DSC01845.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01846.jpg
    DSC01846.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01844.jpg
    DSC01844.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 56
He is doing fine ..........will add another pair as we lost one, as for the nano it's a Orca about 40ltr at a guess......in with him is a Canary Wrasse, Percula, Blue Cheek Goby, Sand Sifter and a Large Red Shrimp (forgot the name of it)......... I removed the built in sump at rear and drilled the back for a spray bar return and a weir drain for filtration it goes to the main system sump so gets good mature water etc as well as all the nutrients the rock requires.......many thanks for asking.

Mature tank not alot of flow and any tank mates that are not to boisterous or fast moving.........as this will frighten him and will hide.

Back
Top Bottom