Platygyra Condition Worse? Pic Included.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I wish I could update everyone with good news, however its not all that good. The platygyra coral I posed about in this thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=17227&highlight= may be getting worse. Tissue has pulled back to reveal a small hole. In the area in question the color is also much more intense and the ridges of the coral are all but gone. I am not ruling out the fact that regarless of research I have never kept this coral and it could be doing something natural, however this change made me uncomfortable and I wanted to look for some help. AA TO THE RESCUE! LoL thanks in advance.

I'm not certain it's worse, from the pic it looks as if the flesh in the vibrant area is expanding tomeet up with the top of the ridges. The inflation of the flesh would, imo, be considered a good thing. The hole also appears to be made by a boring type creature, possibly one that has vacated it's condo. Make sure the coral is getting low flow and lower light (don't put it under the center of your halide bulb) and keep feeding. There isn't much more advice I can gve, I have never been that enamored with brain corals and have not really looked into their care too much nor do I have alot of personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom