TANK SHOTS and a few more additions! Gotta love it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok the hubby and I went to the lfs and got a few new additions. They were to good to pass up and looked great! They are now living nicely in our "Zoo" :D Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• mvc-316f_207.jpg
    mvc-316f_207.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 69
you might want to put the brain coral on the sandbed..it would be safer for it there.

SHe is the girl from finding nemo. The dentist's niece who comes to pick up Nemo from the dentist's office and she is taping on the glass. There was a picture of her next to the tank the fish talked about how she was a fish killer because she shook the bag that had a gold fish in it.................But I never sat and watched the movie with the kids about a 100 times....Nope not me. :wink:

They do better in the sand. Mine`s been there from day 1 and has almost doubled in size

The brain has gotten larger than it was at the LFS. It seems happier than it was. It is a nice size one, around 6-7" round. Should I move it to the sand or watch it a little more to see how it does.

Brains dont like it on the rocks. I`ve heard so many people have problems with them on the rocks and then they heard to put it in the sand and what a difference it made. I`d move him to the sand

What type of lighting are you using? You may have said before, but it is not in your profile. I only ask because some say clams require MH lighting which is why I have avoided them.

Everything is looking great though! You should put up some wide angle tank shots. Is it sitting in the middle of the room?

Now I know why you said you are spending $500/week. Since I started corals i the last month I have been spending $30-100/week for my 90g. :roll:

Hey it could be drugs or other womwn!..or so I tell my wife(finacial manager):wink:

The tank separates the great room from the foyer. All lights are 250w 14K MH. Spending should slow down before much longer. I should only be stuck with a maintainance bill then. However new 2000+gal FOWLR tank plans are in the near future (if I add on to the house).

I know my job has paid for the last 700 dollars of corals in my tank. We have this thing where we do safety audits at the plant and earn bonus bucks which we can redeem at our discretion. I love my job.

Brenden said:
The brain has gotten larger than it was at the LFS
They will expand to try and steady themselves if they are on uneven sand or rock.
Brenden said:
Should I move it to the sand or watch it a little more to see how it does.
Move it to the sand, that is where they prefer to be. Also they are not very fond of intense lighting(MH), so the extra space between the coral and the lights would be beneficial IME. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom