What a difference 24 hrs makes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jprince

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all

My first salt water tank. 45 gallon with 60 lbs reef sand and I just added another chunk of rock for a total of 55 lbs. Now comes the hard part. Tank is cycling and the fish wish is taking over. Was down to the LFS today and will probably add a Tomato Clown next week if the numbers are right.

Attachments

• Salt Water Tank Day 1 005.jpg
    Salt Water Tank Day 1 005.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Salt Water Tank Day 1 008.jpg
    Salt Water Tank Day 1 008.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Salt Water Tank day 2 004.jpg
    Salt Water Tank day 2 004.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Salt Water Tank day 2 006.jpg
    Salt Water Tank day 2 006.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 319
Thanks! I must have sifted through a ton of rock at the LFS before I found these pieces. I fitted them together before I bought them because I wanted it all freestanding in the tank without touching the glass. I fell in love with a Powder Brown Tang while I was waiting for the guy to pack up the rock. Oh the price we pay!!:D

sweet scape!!!!!!! tho that tank will not be large enough for a tang :( as they are open space swimmers

This tank isn't for the Tang, but the next one will be! There's always a "next one";)

I did the same thng started with a 29gl and now upto a 90gl and would love to go to a 125 or 150 gl but no room. Funny how SW is so addictive.

Are you going to QT your first fish or just add it to the tank?
I wish I had done the QT from the start. It would have saved me from tearing all the rock out to capture all of them when I had an outbreak of Ich.

I will add one fish to the tank directly on the advice of my LFS guy who I trust. He has been doing salt setups for over 16 years. Anything else will definately be staying in the QT for a few weeks though.

I have all my rock on my back glass. That way the fish have to swim out front. Again nice looking tank.

Back
Top Bottom