1st guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
Came home from work tonight and as always check my fish. And in my 5g where I had 2 female guppy which I knew we're pregnant but didn't look squared off or very big we'll not big at all. I spotted 3 little fry so not knowing which guppy has give birth to them I have put bot females in a breeder and let the fry have to 5g can u tell from these pics which might have dropped them

image-2221622626.jpg

image-3183039809.jpg

image-2130554066.jpg

There was a 4th this morning :) think that will be it she might have eaten the others though she wasn't very big so maybe that all she was carrying. Any thoughts?

was this her first time giving birth because if it was her first time giving birth on average through personal experience, she will give birth to a small batch and/or as you stated she might have eaten some of her fries.

I think it was 1st time she quite small herself. Is there a way I can tell if she finished giving birth she still has a black gravid spot

this is kinda hard since she is small in size. i am saying this because my guppies are quite huge when they are pregnant. so when they get back to their "normal" size, i will release her back into the tank. if you want to make sure you can leave in the box for couple more hours.

Back
Top Bottom