albino corie eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
My cories have laid eggs & I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to help them survive? First time I,ve seen them doing this, I must have spent over an hour watching lol any advice would be great

Gently scrape them off with a razor blade and without letting them touch air place in a breeder net or box, preferably a hang on box with consistently flowing water
Put in an airstone for flow if in a net or regular box and remove fungused eggs daily
Feed BBS and other small live foods
Please take my advice with a grain of salt as this is all I know as I've never bred cories, only read about it a little
I may be wrong, I'm sorry if I am.

emerald76 said:
Gently scrape them off with a razor blade and without letting them touch air place in a breeder net or box, preferably a hang on box with consistently flowing water
Put in an airstone for flow if in a net or regular box and remove fungused eggs daily
Feed BBS and other small live foods
Please take my advice with a grain of salt as this is all I know as I've never bred cories, only read about it a little
I may be wrong, I'm sorry if I am.

Thanks, she's laid loads & still going! It's been really nice too watch :)

Jealous!!!!! I want my extremely fat peppered Cory to lay, I know she has before but guppies got the eggs
I think I have two females and a male, not the best ratio I know but I really want fry lol
The second female is never fat and the male used to be dark but is now pale lol
Goofy fish
GOOD LUCK!

emerald76 said:
Jealous!!!!! I want my extremely fat peppered Cory to lay, I know she has before but guppies got the eggs
I think I have two females and a male, not the best ratio I know but I really want fry lol
The second female is never fat and the male used to be dark but is now pale lol
Goofy fish
GOOD LUCK!

Thanks! This is the first in 2yrs!

I have had 1 Cory baby survive. Out of 2 layings, the 3 rd batch I let them eat because raising they fry is a bit intense. You can use your fingers instead of a blade to roll them off, because if they are in a cluster, which blades tend to put them in and get fungus from what I've read all eggs in that cluster will be affected and won't hatch. So rolling them as separate as you can is better, though some will inevitably stick together. I used a bubbler tube in the breeding box with no stone attached. I soak an algae wafer in a bit of aquarium water so it's smaller particles and feed them that... Some will die, try to remove them but it is kind of hard. They will hang out between the net and plastic of the breeder box and other fish in the tank will bump the bottom occasionally and I believe that was what killed a lot of my babies. I have 1 lone survivor who is over a month old now. Most of the fry that survived died around the 7th and 8th days... They hatch about 3 days after being laid.

Teakwood said:
I have had 1 Cory baby survive. Out of 2 layings, the 3 rd batch I let them eat because raising they fry is a bit intense. You can use your fingers instead of a blade to roll them off, because if they are in a cluster, which blades tend to put them in and get fungus from what I've read all eggs in that cluster will be affected and won't hatch. So rolling them as separate as you can is better, though some will inevitably stick together. I used a bubbler tube in the breeding box with no stone attached. I soak an algae wafer in a bit of aquarium water so it's smaller particles and feed them that... Some will die, try to remove them but it is kind of hard. They will hang out between the net and plastic of the breeder box and other fish in the tank will bump the bottom occasionally and I believe that was what killed a lot of my babies. I have 1 lone survivor who is over a month old now. Most of the fry that survived died around the 7th and 8th days... They hatch about 3 days after being laid.

Thanks, I think I,ll just leave the eggs & hope for the best :)

shellyx said:
Thanks, I think I,ll just leave the eggs & hope for the best :)

They will most likely get eaten if you leave them in the tank, Corys eat them as we'll as other fish... My snail ate most of the ones this time. :)

Got up this morning & my eggs are still there, going for a hatchet too put them in :)

I tried to remove my pana cory eggs and sucked at it lol the ones I removed didn't hatch at all but I dropped 2 in the main tank when trying to get them into the breeder, and low and behold I have a baby panda that surprised me and made it the eggs looked infertile but obviously weren't. I didn't find him till weeks later lovely surprise wish I had just left the rest in aswell and maybe a few would have made it. If you leave them in hopefully she's scattered them In some good hiding spots.

_skyla_ said:
I tried to remove my pana cory eggs and sucked at it lol the ones I removed didn't hatch at all but I dropped 2 in the main tank when trying to get them into the breeder, and low and behold I have a baby panda that surprised me and made it the eggs looked infertile but obviously weren't. I didn't find him till weeks later lovely surprise wish I had just left the rest in aswell and maybe a few would have made it. If you leave them in hopefully she's scattered them In some good hiding spots.

There's 30 eggs still visible at the moment so hopefully some will survive :)

shellyx said:
There's 30 eggs still visible at the moment so hopefully some will survive :)

Are you going to leave them in? Mine only had about 9 jeez that's a lot of eggs lucky you! :) fingers crossed some make it they are the cutest little things!

_skyla_ said:
Are you going to leave them in? Mine only had about 9 jeez that's a lot of eggs lucky you! :) fingers crossed some make it they are the cutest little things!

I know & a lots been eaten! Not sure if I should leave them never done this before lol & to make it worse I have ich in the tank!

shellyx said:
I know & a lots been eaten! Not sure if I should leave them never done this before lol & to make it worse I have ich in the tank!

You could try and remove some that are more visible to the fish and leave the more hidden ones? Omg tell me about it! I'm dealing with ich in both my community tanks its such a pain!

_skyla_ said:
You could try and remove some that are more visible to the fish and leave the more hidden ones? Omg tell me about it! I'm dealing with ich in both my community tanks its such a pain!

Going to my lfs today so I'm might pick up a hatchet. Can't believe it your dealing with ich too! Do you know if shrimp can take the heat? I'm not sure haven't had these guys before

shellyx said:
Going to my lfs today so I'm might pick up a hatchet. Can't believe it your dealing with ich too! Do you know if shrimp can take the heat? I'm not sure haven't had these guys before

Maybe get a breeder net and place it infront of the filter output they need really good circulation. What shrimp do you have again? Ive raised my temp and the rcs seem to be ok for now. Im not sure if my little crs will make it though their not as tolerant of high temps. I might try and catch him and move him if hes ok still to the betta tank. Im going to add a little bit of aquarium salt tomorow with the water change and apparently my corys will be fine with a very small amount and i really hoping my shrimp will aswell.

_skyla_ said:
Maybe get a breeder net and place it infront of the filter output they need really good circulation. What shrimp do you have again? Ive raised my temp and the rcs seem to be ok for now. Im not sure if my little crs will make it though their not as tolerant of high temps. I might try and catch him and move him if hes ok still to the betta tank. Im going to add a little bit of aquarium salt tomorow with the water change and apparently my corys will be fine with a very small amount and i really hoping my shrimp will aswell.

Mine are amanos, I'm struggling to keep my temp up at night. I can't use salt my elephant nose won't tolerate it, it's just my rams that have it they still look ok happily swimming about! I'm going to move my brotia snail to my bettas tank he can't take the heat. Hope your ich clears up soon.

Back
Top Bottom