Albino Cory Cat Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimberley

Aquarium Advice Regular
My albino Cory cat laid lots of eggs last night. I have managed to save some and put them into a breeder trap, but theres some in not web able to get. Do you think these guys will be okay? How long does it usually take for the eggs to hatch, how do I feed the little ones? Wasn't intentionally breeding them, didn't even know that I had a boy and a girl!

image-610846482.jpg

There is some stuff call liquafry but it isn't that easy to find. Brine shrimp eggs would be good too. I found some stuff at Petsmart I think it was called Easy start but I'm not sure.

I recently had albino cory cat fish eggs or long fin tetra eggs on the glass at the front of the aquarium. The first time they eat all the eggs off the glass by half the day. The second time I put a tank divider next to the glass and they laid (scattered) eggs on it. I took the divider out and moved it to another tank. None of them hatched so maybe the movement and air contact did them in. I am now trying with the divider plus a breeded net to put the eggs in.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BABIES

Even though I am listed as a newbee; I have had aquariums for 30+ years, right now I just got another 75 gallon. the cats and tetras are in a 30 gallon. I also have a 10 set up for whatever.

Corydoras Eggs

Hello Kim...

Coydoras eggs are a very popular food item for most fish in the tank. The eggs will generally hatch in about three days after they're laid. The water pH needs to be very close to neutral (7) and the water very pure.

I keep several kinds of Corydoras and have seen eggs in the tank on several occasions, but I've just left them and I don't think my pH is quite right, so I've never had any fry.

If you decide to move the eggs, a credit card or similar tool is helpful to retrieve them. If you put them into another tank, the new tank water properties need to be close to that in the original tank.

There are a lot of things that need to be in place, so the eggs will hatch.

Good luck.

B

Wow, sounds like hard work. My local pet store has the liquifry in. Iv got the one for livebearers, but not egg layers. Iv managed to move most of the eggs into a plastic breeder box, as most of the others in there were going mad for the eggs! I'm just really hoping they hatch! *fingers crossed!*

I've had my corys lay 2 batches of eggs, usually the eggs will turn a brown tone if they are viable, the white ones may not hatch, my first batch only 2 eggs hatched and one fry was no where to be seen soon after. The 1 survivor lived 8days. The second batch of eggs 9 or so hatched but only 1 is still alive 3 or 4 weeks later. In my mesh breeder box the corys tend to hang out under the plastic edges and the big fish bump into the mesh slot and I think babies get beat up being under the plastic. Putting an air tube in your breeder box with the eggs is a good idea two though I'm not sure exactly why.(read it online) I soak algae wafers in a small bit of aquarium water and swirl it and add a bit to the box to feed them.

Thanks for all of the advice guys, but unfortunately, none of them hatched :( they went all fuzzy. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time!

My emerald corys lay eggs approximately every 2 weeks you can try to induce egg laying by water changing slightly colder water as it mimics rain water hitting the system. I also use a breeder net and just powder flake food. I gave up trying to raise fry for a bit but I do have 2 fry that are 1" juvies that mean a lot to me as they are from my 3rd batch of eggs and still going strong.

Kimberley said:
Don't know why my eggs went all fuzzy. :(

Also from what I've read they grow fungus fairly easy, I dont think I had fungus issues with mine, any eggs that are touching will all be affected if they become fuzzy. You can remove them individually to seclude them and that way if one gets fungus you can remove it and not worry about a cluster all being affected. Also making sure they have an air tube or bubbled in there container will help. I think some people treat there's with meds...

Back
Top Bottom