angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looks like a couple of my angelfish are about have their first brood. I raised these two up from tiny little eggs, so I'm pretty excited. They are both veil angels, so hopefully I'll get some super veils out of the mix. :) Anyway, here's a couple pictures of them. I'll take some more when they begin laying. Right now they are both cleaning my filter intake tube and showing their breeding tubes.

rams015.jpg

the male

rams020.jpg

the female

good luck

Good luck....I've got a pair of young clown angels with a brood that's about to go free swimming......hang in there

I was right! The little buggers laid eggs while I was playing halo 3. I missed the whole thing. Well, no big deal, I've seen their parents spawn before, so no big deal.

And thanks for the compliment on my angels, they are the picks of the litter :)

I was just playing through the campaign with a buddy of mine, we're both getting back in the game after a long time off...trying to brush up a little. hah. AAAANYWHO here's a few pics

spawn001.jpg

setting the mood, putting on a little Barry White

spawn003.jpg

eggs, and lots of them

spawn004.jpg

dad doesn't like me taking pictures of his babies

haha, well I sat down and thought about it, and I have a lot of nocturnal fish in there...the clown loach, rubber lip pleco, cories, so I went ahead and pulled the tube. Dad wasn't happy, but i went ahead and brought the parents to the breeder tank as well. Luckily they still remember that the eggs are theirs, so I'm going to give them a chance to raise their young. The eggs will probably be gone by tomorrow, but there are more eggs where these came from. haha

We had a pair in my 29g tank a couple years ago that spawned every 2 weeks, but half the eggs died off and the other half was always munched by the parents. At the time I didn't have another tank to move the eggs to though.

Well, we'll see what's left tomorrow. So far they are being really good parents, just like their parents were. Both are getting in on the act of fanning the eggs...frankly I'm more worried about the trumpet snails I have in there. I tried to clear out as many as I could, but there are just so many. hah

well, all the eggs seem to be there this morning. No late night commando snail attacks or cannibalistic parents. I may have to remove the parents yet though, they don't seem to be paying attention to the eggs this morning, so they may have forgotten about them.

nevermind, they caught sight of their eggs and have been on them ever since. I guess they had one of those "...oh yeah!" moments

so, just a thought, anyone have any idea what I could sell the spawn for on aquabid? Judging from the punnett square I did I should be getting mostly Gold marble veils, a few gold veils, a few standard tails, and a few superveils. I looked on aquabid at the listings for superveils, but none of them were golds or gold marbles...so I don't really know if they compare. If they do, I may make a decent bit of money from this. :)

Back
Top Bottom