!!!!angelfish eggs!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolffish

Aquarium Advice Activist
So me my dad and my sister decided to do a water change in our big 29 gallon tank because my termanally ill angelfish died. :( But seriously we tried every thing to cure it but nothing seemed to help. So ablut 10 muinets in to a water change i noticed eggs on the side of the tank. So first of all freaked out beacuse they had not been covered by the water. So i started splashing water on them till my dad came back with the pail of water. So we put fresh water in, fixed the plants and sat their and watched. The other angel fish made her way over the to the eggs and started to fan and guard them. It constantly chases fish to the other side of the tank. And she\he hasent eaten them yet and they havent turned white from unfretlization. I first saw her picking at the eggs about one and a half days ago but i tought nothing of it.

So when will i be able to move the fry so they wont be eaten?

Or should i jut put divider in? But ive heard thats stressful.

So far the only reason ill touch the tank is for feeding time.

Any other advice please add.

~Thanks

Hello, the angelfish get tired to fan the eggs and starts to eat the eggs. They do that because they are breed for the color, so they get tired to fan the eggs, because they dont need to do that very long when they breeded in machines in capture

I'd recommend removing them (if you have a tank ready for them) when they are wigglers. Airline or a turkey baster work pretty well. Some angels are good fry raising parents, others never are, most need practice.

Back
Top Bottom