Angelfish eggs newbie help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slothfetus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. This is my first post here. I'm looking for some advice on raising angelfish from eggs. I just found some eggs in my tank on some bamboo.

I have a 75 gallon community tank with my mated pair some tetras and danios. As soon as I saw the eggs I moved the bamboo to a 29 gallon setup for hatching. Added aeration to eggs and methylene blue. Removed a few white eggs but the other 50 look okay I think.

It's been about 3 days and I am hoping to see the wiggler stage soon if I did it right.

Main question is a 2 parter. First, how/when do I remove methylene blue? Second, how often is it suggested to start water changes?

Thank you all for any advice

On day three they will hatch and start falling off the bamboo. On day 8 or 9 they will go free swimming. I don't use methylene blue so can't answer that, but I would start removing it when they hatch. By all means do water changes as soon as possible. I would do 30-50% daily. Try not to disturb the babies. Is the 20 bare bottom? If you have substrate in there they will get lost in the substrate when they fall off the bamboo.

Thank you for the reply. I woke up today to a few wigglers. So excited! The tank is bare bottom and I saw another thread somewhere that said to do 25 percent. Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom