Angels are breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My angels have laid eggs for the fourth time but finally on some swords leaves and not the filter. The first batch they ate within an hour. The second batch they ate the next morning. The last batch they left alone until four days when the wigglers started. Then they ate them. Hopefully some will survive this batch. Not really planned on breeding but if they make it, it would be cool. I wish I could post pics but the app won't let me. They are both super veils with black vertical stripes.

There are other angels but I have seen the parents dispatch the eggs. This time they made it until hatching and the parents ate them all. Each batch makes it one step further. Hopefully, the next batch survives. At least part of them that is.

It does take time for a pair to get it right. With other angels in the tank, they may never feel safe enough to let the eggs hatch. If you really want to get and rasie fry you may need to move the pair to their own tank.

I was hoping to avoid that. Another tank might put the wife over the edge

Although.......... Fathers day is Sunday. Hmmmm what do I want for a present.

Back
Top Bottom