Are my kuhlis breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I woke up today to see two of my kuhlis following each other in a circle against a tank wall, in kind if thinking that they might be doing some sort of breeding dance, or they might be just playing around idk but it's weird, I'll post a pic if you guys need one
Thank you :)

I didn't think kuhli's bred in captivity, or maybe it was that there are very few instances of it happening?
Either way, that'd be pretty cool if they are breeding!

how long have you had them? they take 18 months to two years to become sexually mature. two of my bandeds actually do that but i don't think they are mature yet, I've had them for about 8 months

Yea I've only had them for about 6 months, Know that they take 18 months to be sexually mature but I don't know if they were 1 year old when I got them, they could be just playing but they haven't stopped or left each other for more than 5 minutes at a time

Yea I've only had them for about 6 months, Know that they take 18 months to be sexually mature but I don't know if they were 1 year old when I got them, they could be just playing but they haven't stopped or left each other for more than 5 minutes at a time

are they turning pale? that would be another sign of breeding

Not really, they do look a little clearer now that you mention it, this had been going in since I posted this, and it's still going on

Back
Top Bottom