Betta finished laying her eggs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billmac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings,

My female just finished laying her eggs and the male is blowing them in the bubble nest. The female is now hiding behind the filter. Should I remove her from the tank and put her back in her own tank. Is she in danger from the male or will she eat the eggs?

Greetings,

My female just finished laying her eggs and the male is blowing them in the bubble nest. The female is now hiding behind the filter. Should I remove her from the tank and put her back in her own tank. Is she in danger from the male or will she eat the eggs?

On rare occasions, Betta males will let the females help in guarding the eggs and nest. It sounds like this is not one of those times. GET HER OUT as soon as possible. He will need to be taken out also after the eggs have hatched and when they become free swimming.

If you have any questions about raising the fry, PM me ;)

Congrats on the spawn (y)

Thanks for the advice. She is out and he is tending the eggs. I understand that the fry should hatch in a couple of days and live off the yolks for a couple more then we need to feed them brine shrimp. have to go get the hatchery again.... If I am forgetting anything please let me know!! Thanks for your help, Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom