Blood worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B-4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I didn’t want to highjack the Ram egg thread but Tom started talking about the benefit of using frozen blood worms to help with egg viability in breeding GBR. I have been using freeze dried ever since I read freeze dried had all the value of fresh live blood worms. Am I wrong? Are frozen better than freeze dried? My fish love freeze dried but don’t want them presoaked. I give freeze dried bw at least 4 times a week and egg hatches are amazing. Very high percentage hatch and parents have been spawning every 12-16 days. Back to my question....... are frozen better than freeze dried? :fish1::fish1:::thanks:

I think they have the same nutritional value .
It should be fish or fish keeper choice. If my fish don't eat the freeze dried then it floats around seemingly 'oily' and sticks to tank at surface of water .The frozen sits on bottom for easy removal .
I also use freeze dried Black worms but not with any regularity that I could make any claims on them. All my fish tear them up and younger fish do extremely well on freeze dried especially if trained to the cube on glass IMO.

Got it thanks. I didn’t like the mess in the tank of presoaking blood worms and my fish weren’t impressed either but with the dry freeze dried blood worms, it is like a shark attack with no mess at all. :fish1::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom