Breeder Tank Setup?!?!?!!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I priced your stuff out at BigAl's and if you can see this link you may be impressed: https://secure.bigalsonline.com/ede...9084&qty_14=1&qty_9=1&siQty=1&qty_1=1&qty_8=1

That's $176.00 even, including shipping. That's a $7 savings over the other place where you are going BUT, my list includes BETTER products (IMO) such as better lighting (more watts, which would allow you to grow plants if you ever decided that you wanted to). But, I'm not done there. If you call up and order you can have BigAl's do a price match at several different places. Have them price match the sponge filters at www.aquariumguys.com and you'll save an additional $5.56 on four filters. Then, have them price match the heaters and freshwater master test kit at www.petmountain.com You will save an additional $1.54 on the two heaters and $3.51 on the master test kit. So, that's an additional savings of $10.61. $176-$10.61 is $165.39. $183.08 - $165.39 is a total savings of $17.69 or nearly 10%. Now, you'll have everything that you wanted including the lights and still save a great deal of money.

Well, I priced your stuff out at BigAl's and if you can see this link you may be impressed: https://secure.bigalsonline.com/ede...9084&qty_14=1&qty_9=1&siQty=1&qty_1=1&qty_8=1

That's $176.00 even, including shipping. That's a $7 savings over the other place where you are going BUT, my list includes BETTER products (IMO) such as better lighting (more watts, which would allow you to grow plants if you ever decided that you wanted to). But, I'm not done there. If you call up and order you can have BigAl's do a price match at several different places. Have them price match the sponge filters at www.aquariumguys.com and you'll save an additional $5.56 on four filters. Then, have them price match the heaters and freshwater master test kit at www.petmountain.com You will save an additional $1.54 on the two heaters and $3.51 on the master test kit. So, that's an additional savings of $10.61. $176-$10.61 is $165.39. $183.08 - $165.39 is a total savings of $17.69 or nearly 10%. Now, you'll have everything that you wanted including the lights and still save a great deal of money.

Wow, I feel stupid now. Well I am also happy since i'm saving money.

So what before I order this stuff in 2 weeks I call them and say all that then I place the order or what?

Confused about what I say.

When you call you should be ready to order. You will need to tell them that you have items for them to price match and they'll do that. You will need the part number from BigAl's to order but I've already done that for you (click on the link and you will see the item numbers). Then you will have to tell them the quantity of each that you want. You'll also have to tell them which items they are price matching. It's as simple as that. You should also be able to pay them and you will most likely need a credit card.

When you call you should be ready to order. You will need to tell them that you have items for them to price match and they'll do that. You will need the part number from BigAl's to order but I've already done that for you (click on the link and you will see the item numbers). Then you will have to tell them the quantity of each that you want. You'll also have to tell them which items they are price matching. It's as simple as that. You should also be able to pay them and you will most likely need a credit card.

The link for the cart didn't work but I put a cart together.

What two light fixtures did you pick out?

Also when I call them all I say is the items I want and then after I get that done I say the price check, or i say price check do those items I needed price checked, and then give them the rest of my order?

Ok I did pick the same lights but I got 177.40 Lol

This is what I picked:
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit
Hydor Theo Submersible Heater-25 Watt
San Francisco Bay Freeze Dried Bloodworms -28Grams
Aquarium Systems Visi-Therm 50 Watt Heater
Penn Plax Lok-Tite 5 1/2 Way Brass Gang Valve
Lustar Hydro-Sponge Filter 1 (x4)
DY Airstone Cylinder 1'' x 7/16'' (x4)
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Super Ick Cure 4oz.
O.S.I. Brine Shrimp Eggs- .21 oz (x3)
Coralife F/W T-5 Aqualight Double Strip Light-30''
Coralife F/W T-5 Aqualight Double Strip Light-24''
Lee's Aquarium Divider- 15-20 (long)

What is different?

Skip the THEO heaters (they didn't get great reviews) and add another of the 50w Visi-therm. That should be the difference.

Wow. I wish i could afford a personal shopper!! LOL. Just read the thread and good luck with breeding the GBRs if you can produce stock half as nice as bs6749's GBRs I will be impressed. (not that impressing me means anything to anyone LOL). I look forward to your success

Yeah, I'm planning on jumping in to the breeding biz as well on a semi-serious basis...as serious as I can get on a college kid budget anyway. I'll be purchasing some of bs6749's rams as a starting point, so hopefully I can breed some that are half as good. haha. I remember when I was completely satisfied with the rams I have now...then I saw his and fell in love. I have a love/hate relationship with this hobby. lol

Yeah, I'm planning on jumping in to the breeding biz as well on a semi-serious basis...as serious as I can get on a college kid budget anyway. I'll be purchasing some of bs6749's rams as a starting point, so hopefully I can breed some that are half as good. haha. I remember when I was completely satisfied with the rams I have now...then I saw his and fell in love. I have a love/hate relationship with this hobby. lol

Haha yeah, i'm getting some rams from him aswell. Plus i'm getting 8 adult RCS to start breeding and selling those. I rather breed fish then get an actual job but I will most likely get a job at my LFS anyways.

Haha yeah, i'm getting some rams from him aswell. Plus i'm getting 8 adult RCS to start breeding and selling those. I rather breed fish then get an actual job but I will most likely get a job at my LFS anyways.

does he have a classified add on here for the GBR's?

Yeah, it's always good to have a steady source of income. It wouldn't be a good thing if one of your broods would happen to mysteriously die off, especially if you were counting on that money to pay some bills...then again, you are only 15, so you probably don't have any of those yet. Wait till you start driving though. Sometimes I feel like I have job...so I can have a car...so I can drive to my job. lol

He mentioned on a thread that he'll be offering them fairly soon. He's got a whole mess of smaller ones and also some proven breeding pairs. I've got 2 breeding pairs claimed. Act now, they are going fast. This is where he mentioned them

Yeah, it's always good to have a steady source of income. It wouldn't be a good thing if one of your broods would happen to mysteriously die off, especially if you were counting on that money to pay some bills...then again, you are only 15, so you probably don't have any of those yet. Wait till you start driving though. Sometimes I feel like I have job...so I can have a car...so I can drive to my job. lol

He mentioned on a thread that he'll be offering them fairly soon. He's got a whole mess of smaller ones and also some proven breeding pairs. I've got 2 breeding pairs claimed. Act now, they are going fast. This is where he mentioned them

Yeah I got no bills yet, and I would be driving right now but don't feel like getting my permit, no rush don't feel like paying for gas.

Yeah I got 4 small ones claimed (2 males, 2 females.) Plus 8 Adult RCS claimed.

I have 2 claimed as well!! LOL its funny that we are so gungho about his GBRs he should be paying us to sell them to others. In fact thats my day job. Not selling other peoples fish but financial services LOL. Anyways i feel your pain JRP1588. I work so i can have my house to sleep in so that i can go to work the next day in the car i work for so i can get there... capitalism at its greatest!

I have 2 claimed as well!! LOL its funny that we are so gungho about his GBRs he should be paying us to sell them to others. In fact thats my day job. Not selling other peoples fish but financial services LOL. Anyways i feel your pain JRP1588. I work so i can have my house to sleep in so that i can go to work the next day in the car i work for so i can get there... capitalism at its greatest!

Well it feels good to be 15 now, free food, free of bills, all that stuff for another 3 years :D

I will use them well. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom