Breeding cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

my breeding room is underway and starting to take shape . im breeding angelfish and some tropheus. but i wanted something a bit diffrent to what i usually breed and they have to be able to sell fast so something people would want to buy . i was thinking convicts but you cant give them away sometimes so i was thinking maybe GBR's.

i have alot of livebearers which my nephew who is 7 has his own 4 tank system at my place something we both do together on weekends he comes over and does the maintenance and everything els seperating males from females and all that stuff. he wants to move on from livebearers to something a bit more advanced . any suggestions ?

thanks to all who reply and read the post :flowers:

Hi all,

my breeding room is underway and starting to take shape . im breeding angelfish and some tropheus. but i wanted something a bit diffrent to what i usually breed and they have to be able to sell fast so something people would want to buy . i was thinking convicts but you cant give them away sometimes so i was thinking maybe GBR's.

i have alot of livebearers which my nephew who is 7 has his own 4 tank system at my place something we both do together on weekends he comes over and does the maintenance and everything els seperating males from females and all that stuff. he wants to move on from livebearers to something a bit more advanced . any suggestions ?

thanks to all who reply and read the post :flowers:

Cories, apistos, rams, and plecos would all be fun!

plecos are fairly easy and good sellers, i have 4 breeding pairs. i just bought 50 of them today- young ones

Because youre breeding angels im guessing you have soft acidic water out of the tap?

Are you thinking of something for you or him to breed? Do your water parameters closely match?

Back
Top Bottom