Breeding kuhli loaches.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anybody give me some info on breeding them? I have 8 in my tank and they are just soo cool. Not currently looking to breed them but I was feeding the tanks last night and the thought crossed my mind. Thanks.

Well, the loaches have to be 15-18 months, maybe even a two years old to be able to breed, but it'll happen naturally, two will pair up, to breed it is recommended that at least 8 of them are in the tank so the chances are higher
My uncle leaves - dozen of them in a 20 gallon long, but they are the only fish in the tank, this there are more chances of the babies surviving, they look a lot like worms, so in my 29 gallon my Raphael would surely make a meal of my babies lol hope this helps, anymore questions ask

I didn't know they needed to be that old to breed. And yes a species only tank makes complete sence. I doubt it but it's worth asking, is there a visible difference between male/female? It'd be hard to vent one of those suckers lol.

Hah lol it is pretty hard

A males pectoral fin will look bigger and it'll look more like a paddle boat, that's pretty much it, a female will look super fat when filled with eggs
Yea, I know it's weird how they have to be, but that's just how it is

I had a pair of kuhli loaches spawn in my 55. The best advice I can give is to buy them in large groups.

I must have been lucky because I got 5 and there was a male and female pair.

I work at an Lfs and my boss has bred many species of cichlids and plecos but I don't think he's been able to spawn loaches.

My uncle breeds almost anything you can imagine, he is a local breeder, he bought a terrain and has a building like the size of a petsmart where he breeds all his fish

My uncle breeds almost anything you can imagine, he is a local breeder, he bought a terrain and has a building like the size of a petsmart where he breeds all his fish

Does your uncle have a facebook page o email. Im asking cuz Ive been breeding some fish over the last 3 years, Im young and need to hear tips from an experienced man like him on how to breed certain types of fish. Ive bred bettas, goldfish, angels, glowlight tetra, white corydoras and just bought a pair of discus which are SUCH BEAUTIFUL FISH! And Im gonna try with kulli loach too. Theyre very cool too

No, he doesn't really like technology, he is one of those old people that don't like technology
Lol, but you could pm me a fish and I might ask him how to do it and tips

No, he doesn't really like technology, he is one of those old people that don't like technology
Lol, but you could pm me a fish and I might ask him how to do it and tips

Great thanks! My parents r like that, I understand lol

Back
Top Bottom