Clown Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somethingsfishy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm looking to create the best environment possible for my 5 clowns. If you have clowns you could help me. I know alot about them but am interested in personal info such as diet, ph, tank setup?
Thanks

somethingsfishy said:
So I'm looking to create the best environment possible for my 5 clowns. If you have clowns you could help me. I know alot about them but am interested in personal info such as diet, ph, tank setup?
Thanks

You would need a big tank. Like mega big! About 150-200 gallon probably for five I would do a 200. They are slow growers but they still need to have a lot of room. They are active in big schools. They communicate by audible clicks. They're diet I think it omnivore. I don't know about their pH and stuff sorry!

They eat brine shrimp blood worms
And sinking pellets.

If you get them small it will take years to need a 200g tank.

Sharkbait54 said:
They eat brine shrimp blood worms
And sinking pellets.

If you get them small it will take years to need a 200g tank.

I like to plan ahead lol. Yeah I was just warning them how big they get :)

I keep 7 in a 120g with sand, live plants, wood and rocks. They love digging around in the sand after snails or foods. They get the same food as the rest of the tank, my home made food, also algae wafers, bottom feeder wafers, shrimp pellets and cichlid pellets.

pH doesn't seem to be a big issue, we have high pH here. My tank is at 78 degrees. They also like clean water, so the tank gets a weekly cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom