Co2 with german blue rams ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fellow fish freaks! I recently won a bid for a total of about 14 GBR with the intent of breeding. But I know these fish aren't very resilient to PH swings which can be brought on by the use of C02 which I would like to run for the tank as well to get them some plants growing for them. How do I ensure myself a stable PH? Injected CO2? Maybe liquid ferts? Any ideas would really be appreciated!!

Tell us a bit about your tank. I've found that my pH is much more stable now that I have pressurized CO2.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Tell us a bit about your tank. I've found that my pH is much more stable now that I have pressurized CO2.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Thanks you!! And well I've got a newly cycled 125g fully planted IMG_0267.jpg

The tank has the fluval stratus substrate atleast 2 inch all the way around which should keep my ph at 6.8 but with the drift wood and C02 I'm having trouble keeping it up. Testing daily and have been getting 6.2-6.4 readings. Also mineralize water and have high light. Definitely high tech tank.

Next option is a 40 breeder I am using as a peacock grow out tank I can switch that to my breeder tank but would love to run a line of C02 if I could keep PH stable.

Why do you want your pH higher than 6.4? Rams are very happy at that pH. What kind of minerals are you adding?

I dose green leaf aquariums PPS pro system, micros and macros. But the breeder I am getting my fish from breeds them in hard water with a PH of 6.8-7.0

Will do thanks for the advice. And I ordered a pressurized regulator with solenoid timer really hoping this helps me stabilize.

The effect co2 has on pH has no effect on fish.
I am interested in hard water rams!
For most it is hard water that does NOT allow the egg to be fertilized.
After that the water almost does not matter at all.
Rams really like an established tank, I really would not make them first fish to hit a tank unless they are the only fish !
Who is your breeder? Yunite? He often 'claims' hard water!
Good luck, thanks N!

The effect co2 has on pH has no effect on fish.
I am interested in hard water rams!
For most it is hard water that does NOT allow the egg to be fertilized.
After that the water almost does not matter at all.
Rams really like an established tank, I really would not make them first fish to hit a tank unless they are the only fish !
Who is your breeder? Yunite? He often 'claims' hard water!
Good luck, thanks N!

He calls himself Fourc on aquabid, Klaus is his name, he's got some great reviews so I trust him. But interesting.. so if I've got a 7.2 reading then put my c02 in and it drops to 6.4 they won't be affected by the swing in PH?

Fourc has nice looking fish!
You did better with him then yunite IMO!
Ph is smoke!
It is all about gH and TDS.
If your water is hard the eggs my not be able to be fertilized.
Only a couple pair of mine that are my offspring have ever breed and hatched eggs in tap.
He wasn't auctioning 14 rams so how did you all come up with that number?
What do you know about breeding and breeding rams?
They lay easy and raise hard.
I am interested in following you and helping or learning.

Fourc has nice looking fish!
You did better with him then yunite IMO!
Ph is smoke!
It is all about gH and TDS.
If your water is hard the eggs my not be able to be fertilized.
Only a couple pair of mine that are my offspring have ever breed and hatched eggs in tap.
He wasn't auctioning 14 rams so how did you all come up with that number?
What do you know about breeding and breeding rams?
They lay easy and raise hard.
I am interested in following you and helping or learning.

I've won 7 from him and he is sending me 8, I also won another bid shortly after from a joegargas(another 6). Apparently he is known for great quality rams. But I am pretty new to the hobby. I've done my fair share of research and I am VERY eager to learn. I would really appreciate all of the information and advice I could get out of an experienced breeder like yourself!!

I am interested in how the rams are from both!
One of my customers has Joe Gs and said mine blew them away!
Joes gold line looks nice IMO.
I have a thread here which may be helpful, but I don't really keep up on here since all the helpful people are gone...
We all hang and discuss breeding elsewhere now.
I sell on Aquabid so I try to keep up on 'the competition' !

I am interested in how the rams are from both!
One of my customers has Joe Gs and said mine blew them away!
Joes gold line looks nice IMO.
I have a thread here which may be helpful, but I don't really keep up on here since all the helpful people are gone...
We all hang and discuss breeding elsewhere now.
I sell on Aquabid so I try to keep up on 'the competition' !

Well I'll definitely keep you updated on how the fish come out and PM you with any additional questions. I'll try and keep my eyes peeled for you on aquabid aswell!

Back
Top Bottom