Danio fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I recently acquired my second tank and put my danios in it. Removed them today as I have fry which I was trying for. Any help in keeping them alive greatly appreciated

Hi I recently acquired my second tank and put my danios in it. Removed them today as I have fry which I was trying for. Any help in keeping them alive greatly appreciated

By the time you read this it may be too late but INFUSORIA (Green Water) is the best first food for newly swimming Danio fry. Your next best substitute will be some live plants that hopefully have some cultures already living on them. Culturing infusoria is fairly easy. Just google the process if you don't know how to raise them. Once they get big enough, you can then switch them to other foods such as newly hatched brine shrimp or microworms for example.

For the future, you may want to have these cultures already going before your fry become free swimming.

Hope this helps (y)

They are free swimming. I have live plants which they all seem to settle on as well. I got this bottle of stuff from my lfs that I mix with water into a paste. They seem to be going for it

Great. I wasn't sure what you had available where you are. ;) If they eat that, continue until they get big enough to start handling other foods. Most studies find that live foods will grow fish faster but not everybody has access to live foods which is why you need to culture them yourself. When I was doing Danios, it was infusoria, then newly hatched brine shrimp ( which today you can probably change to decapsulated brine shrimp), then on to flake foods until they were of salable size. It was a simple process :)

Good luck with them :)

The majority of them are 2 weeks hatched. All doing well, did have few casualties

Back
Top Bottom