Egg identification??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Venturer4life

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone! So I just discovered some eggs in my tank attached to my driftwood. I honestly have no clue who's they are. In the tank I have 2 German blue rams (I doubt it is theirs because I literally just added the second one a couple if hours ago and they are not getting along well yet), 3 harlequin rasboras (maybe theirs cause I have seen mating activity with them but I also just added the 3rd along with the ram), 3 neons, an Otto (only one, so not him), 3 ghost shrimp (they carry their eggs, so not them), and 2 mystery snails (though one is about dime sized and the other is 1/2 dollar sized. Also I thought they laid eggs above the water line). They are a pale yellow and are a single layer, not a bunch. No one seems to be guarding them or even caring about them for that matter. Anyone have an idea who's they are? Thank so much!!!

Attachments

• image-2795904130.jpg
    image-2795904130.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1660119655.jpg
    image-1660119655.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 79
It's not the blue rams because the eggs don't look like that, would be separated, and would most likely be being protected. Although I mine did lay eggs 4 days after I got them, so you might be getting eggs sooner than you expect! ;) as for all your other fish, I have no experience with any of them breeding. So good luck!

Pretty sure it's the GBRs. They are notorious for being terrible at parenting so it's not surprising that they'd refuse to guard the nest. Another scenario is that they may not have paired off but the female laid anyway, since there's conflict between the two she's not guarding the nest.
I don't think you'll see rasbora or neon eggs that clearly and easily, and they are not adhesive.

Back
Top Bottom