Normal look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexisashley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Back again with another live bearer pregnancy question. I have 3 Dalmatian Mollys that are new. I’ve had them about 2 weeks. They are quite larger than my other 2 Mollys… like twice their size. Are they this big because they are old? Is this big belly normal for them? Or is she pregnant? All 3 are quite round! I didn’t know if since they are so huge in size if the big belly just goes with that look. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7677.jpeg
    IMG_7677.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7678.jpeg
    IMG_7678.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3
Back again with another live bearer pregnancy question. I have 3 Dalmatian Mollys that are new. I’ve had them about 2 weeks. They are quite larger than my other 2 Mollys… like twice their size. Are they this big because they are old? Is this big belly normal for them? Or is she pregnant? All 3 are quite round! I didn’t know if since they are so huge in size if the big belly just goes with that look. Thank you
She's pregnant would be my guess since I don't know if she was medicated for internal worms.
This and your Black mollies were usually developed with the Sphenop line of Mollies. Sphenop Molly females can get close to 5" in length so yours are larger because they are a larger fish than say, Balloon Mollies, which seem to be more available these days than these other types of Mollies. They also could be older than your Black Mollies. In the end, they both should get to about the same size. Just so you know, there is an even larger Molly line called Sailfin Mollies where the females can get as large as 7" in length. So just because the sign says " Molly", does not mean they are all the same type of Molly. There are many types of Mollies as there are many colors of Mollies. (y)

Back
Top Bottom