feeding baby fishies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

couplescaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
everybody, ive had my tank for 3 days now, in the first hour i had my 4 fish, one started having babies. so now i have 23 baby fishies all over my tank, but i only have regular fish food. how do i feed the babies and how fast will they polute a 6 gal tank?

i think you should put like 10-15 ones that look stronger/cool looking and put them in a breeding net/container. leave the rest in there and see how they do. unless you already decided where their going to go. because i almost gaurentee you the ones in the tank will be eaten.

you pretty much feed them daphnia, brine shrimp, and really crushed up flakes. i heard a good method is put a couple flakes in a plastic bag crush them with your fingers. wet a toothpick and put it in the bag and itll get some of the food out. and light some candles put up some flowers and serve :lol:

alright, sounds good, i dont think any of them will get eaten because the others in the tank aren't big enough to even eat one of their fins, i think theyll be fine from the other fishies, but i just wanna make sure i at least give them a chance by giving them some food, but i didn't think about using flakes, i only have the pellets, and those are WAY too big for them. thanks guys!

pellets you can crush 2. i think. inless its the flat kinds. if you put an algae wafer or somethinng soft im sure they can peck at it

You can still use pellets if u want, I have used them. All u have to do is put them in a zip-lock bag and smash them up with a hammer until they are practically dust, just dont smash too hard or u will rip the bag.

hey everybody, just thought id let you know that the baby fishies are growing up VERY fast, theyve about doubled in size over the last 2 days, now theyre about 1.5 cm long, and swimming around ALOT in a big school. only 1 has died so far and that was from the filter. if anybody in the Santa Barbara area wants some free Gold Dust Mollies, let me know. peace out everyone. l8

Sorry I'm a bit late to the thread, but I have heard you can feed baby fish eggs. Pour an egg into a cup of water, mix it vigourously, and then boil the water, you should end up with tiny bits of scrambled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom