Feeding Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long do Molly fry need to be fed every 4-6 hrs?? They're 2, 3 & 4 weeks old.. They fly up to the water line when they see me now. :)

I don't want to Overfeed but they do scramble for food, eat quite vigorously and hunt and peck at the bottom throughout the day picking up any leftovers... Most of the 4 week olds are 1/2" and are quite healthy...

id say 3 feedings of adult-size potrions, fry and juvies eat LOADS.
raising fry just means loads more PWC and food.
its good they are that healthy, ur doing well. but eventually u need to slowly decrease the amount u feed so they get used to smaller adult feeds.
what do u feed out of curiosity?

From day 1.. TetraMin Plus Tropical Flakes..
( with natural shrimp for maximum flavor-- cleaner and clearer water formula ) -- so it says lol
I've crushed them up... And now I only break them up a little bit... There are 3 batches 65+/-

wow, congrats! :)
i found mollies and guppies liked tetramin fry stage 3 from the start as it was easier to eat and left less mess, so cleaner water. after a few weeks they went on to adult flakes like u use.
do u have sand or gravel in ur tank? x

i think what u r doing is best, so they can eat the food. all my fry were raised in a net or bare tank so they accessed the food better. but they are doing very well, and their tanks cute! great plant colours haha!

:) thank you... My first batches ever... Grateful for luck an this site... ( I use the iPhone app) ...
In the few hours after feeding all you see are lil tails in the air and faces buried in the rocks... Soooo loving it

Back
Top Bottom