Filter covers for fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I I'm almost at the massive amounts of fry stage with my convicts, firemouths, and Angelfish!( not in the same tank!! That would b a BIG mistake) and my lfs doesn't sell sponge filters so can I use some nylon "socks" like at all the shoe stores?? Already put them on. Although I can take them off if no! Pics!!

image-1511613204.jpg

image-1340873663.jpg

Fish4bass8 said:
I I'm almost at the massive amounts of fry stage with my convicts, firemouths, and Angelfish!( not in the same tank!! That would b a BIG mistake) and my lfs doesn't sell sponge filters so can I use some nylon "socks" like at all the shoe stores?? Already put them on. Although I can take them off if no! Pics!!

Yeah you can use them. Just rubberband them tight and keep them clear of debris.

It now seems that after I put the covers on( see pics) they r stopping my water flow! Is there anything else u guys recommend that won't stop my flow?

I went that route and it didn't work for me, clogged up quickly. Tried other sponges, didn't work, they clogged.

I ended up going with this: Fluval Edge Pre Filter Sponge | Fluval Edge Reviews

I love it. My RCS love it. It does not clog. It's an amazing little thing. Even if your lfs doesn't carry sponge filters they might carry pre-filters. Ask.

And then you still have to do the whole rubberband thing to keep it on the filter. I'll just stick with my $3 pre-filter, thank you very much. :)

Back
Top Bottom