Filter needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im setting up a 20 gallon tank w heater for mmy holding female mbuna then it will be used to grow her fry in it. Will I need a filter or can I get away w just using an airstone in the tank while shes holding? Right now shes in a medium sized marina breeder tank and isnt pleased about it.

you will need a seeded filter. if not you will have to do lots of water changes and that may put stress on her and the fry

yeah that will work just fine, just put a chunk of seeded media in and cover the intake with foam or pantyhose so the fry don't get sucked up. congrats by the way!!! what type of mbuna?

Shes a blue zebra. I thought she was a male because she has a bright pretty blue to her but shes female. But I was wrong. She spawned w my dragon blood I know she will have hybrid spawn but im new to breeding and this is exciting for me. She had fry w the same male b4 but I put them into the main tank to early and they were eaten 1 by 1 so im hoping to be successful this time.

Back
Top Bottom