Fry help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitesurfjesus

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I was about to turn the lights off on my 29g fresh water and I saw this title tiny black thing shoot across the front of the tank. I caught it in a net and put it in the breeder net thing I have for splitting fish up. There are 4 guppies 2 platys 1 paradise gourami and two upside down cat fish in the tank. Any tips/advice on caring for this believed platy fry??? I do believe it is a platy cause one of them doesn't have as big of a gut as I remember seeing and I have no idea how to tell male apart from female fish I was told at my lfs but have forgotten. Any advice on that would be helpful also

If you are planning on rearing the young to maturity then I would suggest placing them in a separate tank with an established sponge filter and bare bottom tank. You can get away with feeding them crushed flakes.

So I got another ten gallon tank last night and took ten gallons out f my 29g that has already had its water change done at the begining of the week. Took the filter sponge out of the 29 and put it on the ten so I don't have to worry about cycling the ten gallon tank. Put some crushed up flake food and crushed up alge wafers in the tank for the fry. He seems to be doing just fine saw it eat and poop twice so far. Did water checks on both tanks this morning and everything is fine and stable hope this little guy makes it t maturity. He was the only one I found unless there are nore hiding in my 29 and I haven't found them yet. She still looks pregnant. How many roughly do they give birth to and how long does it take for all of them t be born??

ForumRunner_20130524_090324.jpg

Back
Top Bottom