Going away .... And just got fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burrhubb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so today my guppy gave birth to 20 ish fry. Only I'm goin away for 5 days (4 nights) next week how do I feed the fry?
I have got one of those blocks for rest of the fish. Will these blocks work for fry as well??

Not to sound heartless but you have guppies don't be to heartbroken if you loose this batch you are going to have more fry then you know what to do with. Guppies breed like crazy!

Are the fry in the same tank as the parents?

If so the fry will most likely get eaten if they are in the same tank as the adult fish and you are going away for that long.

If they are in there own tank and it is an established tank they may survive off what is in the tank. But chances are they aren't going to make it, but they could I had molly fry that survived with the adults, just never know.

Thanks for reply.

They Are currently in breeding box. But I want to move them to there own tank. I have just been to buy this tank it's only a small 1 while they are small. It included a small sponge filter.
What I also would like to know is. If I put this small filter in main tank for couple days and when I next do a water change put water from main tank into little tank. Will this work and be ok?

Thanks for reply.

They Are currently in breeding box. But I want to move them to there own tank. I have just been to buy this tank it's only a small 1 while they are small. It included a small sponge filter.
What I also would like to know is. If I put this small filter in main tank for couple days and when I next do a water change put water from main tank into little tank. Will this work and be ok?

That sounds like a good plan. As far as getting the new tank ready for the fry. but it isn't going to help you feed the fry while you are away. Fry need to eat twice a day. Do you have anyone that could feed your fish while you are out? I never liked using those blocks.

Back
Top Bottom