guppy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robyndarlene

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long til she has her fry?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131129_173643.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131129_173643.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 82
By the way it looks I can say only a couple of days until she has fry!

All of my kids guppies look like this after they eat. How do you know for certain they're pregnant? I've googled pictures and I just don't get it yet. (Had one of four drop fry and can't tell the difference... lol)

All of my kids guppies look like this after they eat. How do you know for certain they're pregnant? I've googled pictures and I just don't get it yet. (Had one of four drop fry and can't tell the difference... lol)

If their belly is that way all the time, and it has an almost boxed shape.

...also the gravid spot, or the dark spot near the anal fin usually darkens...and it looks like she is pretty dark. I would agree with the above that you should have wigglers anytime.

It takes some patience but keep looking at her her until you get a good view straight on from the back. If the gravid spot looks totally square - then she's just about there.

It takes some patience but keep looking at her her until you get a good view straight on from the back. If the gravid spot looks totally square - then she's just about there.

This is helpful... thank you. I thought I was looking for a square shape from the side view... that's why I wasn't getting it. Now I get it.... lol.

Have a close look through a magnifying glass if you can - you will see the eyes of the babies inside the female when she is almost ready to drop.

Back
Top Bottom