how can i help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, im starting to feel sorry for my dwarf gourami, he keeps trying to build a bubblenest in my floating plants (crystalwort) but every time he gets anywhere with it the plant catches a bit of current and he looses everything. Poor guy is even pushing the clumps back together

I dont want to minimise agitation any more because of oxygenating my water. The plants always build up in a corner for ages then for some reason the water movement changes and blow them around a bit. Could i tie them back somehow to keep them in place?

Not really i have a 30g with a ctenopoma acutirostre (african leaffish), swordtails and kuhlis which probably had more surface agitation but its got a u2 and u4 filter in atm so i can adjust the flow and turn it to mid or low level output. The fry would most definatly get ate tho and my plants would probably be blown about.
Im not fussed about fry to be honest but this guy obviously wants a bit of momma fish, he seems to be workin so hard, i kno how that feels lol.

Will plants create oxygen enough to warrant turning the airstone off for a few weeks and redirecting the filter outlet? Just thought i might be able to turn the bill outlet to face the corner rather than directly into the tank

Back
Top Bottom