I don't believe my eyes --- baby Hillies??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsoong

Aquarium Advice Addict
I woke up this morning to find a bunch of wriggling things in my tank. Upon closer examination, they look like little fish - only about 2 mm long. The only inhabitants in the tank ATM are the hillies, so I presume that these are Hillie babies. <I supposed that these could be goldy babies from eggs laid 2 weeks ago .... or maybe they are just little bugs? .... time will tell>

It was a stroke of luck that the goldies are in the QT having their salt treatment, or the litttle guys would have become snacks.

I have 20 - 30 of these little guys. What to do with them???? More tanks???

Sorry folks, false alarm!! :oops:

Caught a few & looked under magnifyier - segmented body, wing buds ..... some sort of insect larvae ..... goldies food!

Darn! Would have been something if you'd actually had the loaches spawn in your tank! Maybe next time.

-Joe

lol, dont worry.

My uncle had something like tha thappen with frogs before.. he thought they layed eggs but they were actually parasites!

It was good for a laugh! :D

Now that I am putting the goldies back in the tank, I doubt if anything small will survive for more than a couple minutes!

Back
Top Bottom